Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

DPI Settings

OP pibach

8th August 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 9

54 posts
Which font setting did you change? Try changing the font settings under accessibility.
11th August 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 31

266 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixxonExxo

Which font setting did you change? Try changing the font settings under accessibility.

That does not work consistently, as described.
4th September 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 3

77 posts
Try ifont from the player store. It's great work good. My font now are good. You can choose many size.
4th September 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 31

266 posts
It does not depend on the font. It messes up proportions, icons sizes, etc. Only way so far is via app specific dpi settings.
27th October 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #25  
London, UK
Thanks Meter: 57

500 posts
So which setting in App Settings changes just the Home Screen dpi so that font sizes get changed?

Running Nova with Steampunk Icon set my Font Labels are far too small, need to be increased by circa 30% but I don't want to change the Icon sizes.

Suggestions?
27th October 2014, 11:22 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 222

1,090 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinsb

So which setting in App Settings changes just the Home Screen dpi so that font sizes get changed?

Running Nova with Steampunk Icon set my Font Labels are far too small, need to be increased by circa 30% but I don't want to change the Icon sizes.

Suggestions?

Anyone tried this? (this is for Oppo find 7 but also one of those 2560x1440 (close to 2560x1600) type resolutions (less than tab s though but much smaller screen size)..I have a find 7 but have no need for altering dpi as perfectly fine in color os so don't want to try it on that phone. However, I tried this on the tab s and kept getting system ui crashes..no luck even trying to theme the system ui when i borrowed pngs etc from tab pro (system ui crashing)-as I don't like the s4/5 look

http://forum.xda-developers.com/find...vices-t2893275
28th October 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 102

195 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinsb

Suggestions?

I think dpi applies at a pretty low level and does not distinguish between font or anything else. Since you use nova you can change the font face it uses, but I don't see an option for changing size. You could try using normal instead of condensed.

Now if you really really want it, you can use a font editor and modify the system font to be larger, in effect making, say, an 8 point font into a 10 point font. Then use a font changer app and replace the system font. Or use a root explorer and copy into system/fonts or whatever. Obviously you need root. Also this is kind of dangerous!

I have bad eyes so this is exactly what I did on my nook hd+. I've replaced robot condensed and regular and droid serif. Behold my ridiculously ginormous fonts and icons in screen shot. The S lets you change robot regular I think. No rooting necessary.

28th October 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #28  
London, UK
Thanks Meter: 57

500 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2

I think dpi applies at a pretty low level and does not distinguish between font or anything else. Since you use nova you can change the font face it uses, but I don't see an option for changing size. You could try using normal instead of condensed.

Now if you really really want it, you can use a font editor and modify the system font to be larger, in effect making, say, an 8 point font into a 10 point font. Then use a font changer app and replace the system font. Or use a root explorer and copy into system/fonts or whatever. Obviously you need root. Also this is kind of dangerous!

I have bad eyes so this is exactly what I did on my nook hd+. I've replaced robot condensed and regular and droid serif. Behold my ridiculously ginormous fonts and icons in screen shot. The S lets you change robot regular I think. No rooting necessary.

Thanks for the idea but that will still put the 'oversize' font into every instance where system font needs to be used, what I want to do is ONLY change the Icon Label font size and leave everything else untouched.

Does anyone know, if you're running Nova on a Tab S, where the value(s) for the Home Screen fonts are stored or are they picked up from system default? In which case there has to be a setting somewhere to say scale the Home Screen font by XX surely?
28th October 2014, 08:27 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 102

195 posts
You could just ask the dev for feature request. Falling that, you could try to decompile the apk and hope it is conveniently placed in an xml file.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread