The heck with us, average users LOVE this tablet!

3rd August 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #71  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,207

5,353 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopyDoopy

Thanks for this!

For me, one of the things that makes android so consistent is the fact that you can always find the options to something by pressing the same button. I thought Samsung or Google had removed this.

I do find it odd that so many features are hidden away somewhere and people dont find them. e.g. Long press on the icons in the notification bar take you straight to the relevant settings page. Who would have guessed that

My 2c on the 8.4 while Im here.

No lag at all, anywhere, incredibly fast, beautiful screen, great device.

Battery a little annoying so far. I find that power loss while idling is awful whereas turning wifi off makes it perfect. I set wifi to turn off while sleeping but it still gets turned on all through the night but Ill fix that eventually I guess. In use though, battery life is pretty good.

My third generation iPad can be off for days and days without losing much power, my Samsung galaxy s3 phone used to be as bad as the tab S but is now fine so I fully expect to have the battery concerns gone in the near future.

Great tablet.

Depending upon your needs there are now two 8.4 roms in development which should improve your experience even further. A Touchwiz based rom by a developer known for his theming and a CM based rom which will trim out all Touchwiz exclusive features such as multiwindow and sidesync but which will be very very fast. You can find those in development. Always make sure you are flashing the correct rom for your device and country. If in doubt ask and be patient. $400 paperweights suck.
3rd August 2014, 04:07 PM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 9

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

Depending upon your needs there are now two 8.4 roms in development which should improve your experience even further. A Touchwiz based rom by a developer known for his theming and a CM based rom which will trim out all Touchwiz exclusive features such as multiwindow and sidesync but which will be very very fast. You can find those in development. Always make sure you are flashing the correct rom for your device and country. If in doubt ask and be patient. $400 paperweights suck.

Thanks again. I have been following the relevant threads and am impressed with the development. I have been rooting devices for some years so am familiar with and agree with your cautionary tone. I'll probably root the tab s some time if only to clear out the bloatware but have to admit that at the moment it is pretty damn food as it is !
6th August 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #73  
Flag Boca Raton, FL
Thanks Meter: 104

819 posts
Donate to Me
I have a couple of tablet myself. iPad mini, Nexus 7, Tab S. I've had many tablet from Asus to Sony and I never liked a tablet as much as I like my Tab S. Battery life could use some improvements but the tab is amazing.
6th August 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #74  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 5,049

4,584 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by le0.br4zuc4

I have a couple of tablet myself. iPad mini, Nexus 7, Tab S. I've had many tablet from Asus to Sony and I never liked a tablet as much as I like my Tab S. Battery life could use some improvements but the tab is amazing.

Yeah. It's an amazing tab. With a few firmware updates I'm sure it'll be even better

I don't think anyone should be disappointed with battery life. Not the best, not the worst. .... But what does anyone expect from such a thin device and screen resolution ? Samsung could added an extra mm in thickness giving that extra capacity, but the current design is one of its many advertised features
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UpInTheAir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Where would I find information about the ROMs? As a novice, I am hesitant because of the paper weight possibility. Is there a forum for locating someone I could pay to root and rom this tab s?

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Free mobile app
24th August 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 446

2,981 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherkindofcouger

Where would I find information about the ROMs? As a novice, I am hesitant because of the paper weight possibility. Is there a forum for locating someone I could pay to root and rom this tab s?

Seriously, if you need to pay someone to root/rom it, you better not.

For sure there will be more "problems" or updates down the road that you will have to deal with.
The Following User Says Thank You to kenkiller For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #77  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 5,049

4,584 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherkindofcouger

$1000 bucks lol

Read and research until your eyes bleed, then you might be ready. Expanding your knowledge would be of obvious benefit in the long run, and save your device (and nerves) a world of hurt. It's not difficult, we've all been there about to flash our new toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkiller

For sure there will be more "problems" or updates down the road that you will have to deal with.

Exactly this.
24th August 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #78  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkiller

That's just silly. I've had a rooted Droid X for years. The full point of having clockwork is to back it up so you can (software) break it and restore to fix it. Throw in an OtterBox and it is almost bullet proof. I have lost count of the amount of garbage the Play Store has pushed to my my phone that I have been able to eliminate through trial and error. god bless clockwork

Decades of Microsoft updates breaking what I want to use have convinced me that as long as you can bomb a device of any kind back to its original incarnation everything is gravy. I have rarely found an update I had to have. Most of the time they kill really useful features and give you BS candy in that place. There is always another way to achieve the supposedly needed security flaw protection.
24th August 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #79  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I had an Ipad Mini 1. Sold it after a month. Can't play HD videos smooth. Can't play many formats. Too much Apple restrictions. Expensive and no telephony features.

Owned Note 1, Note 2, Galaxy Mega 6.3 . Wanted bigger screens

Bought 7 inch China Ulefone 7" octacore dual sim. Very nice for the price but still wanted a bigger screen No capacitive backlight is a bummer

Tried 10 inch China phablets, way too big!!!

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. LTE. It's a very nice tablet when it's rooted. Was my main phablet for the last few months.

Galaxy Tab s 8.4 LTE. Was satisfied with my 8.4 pro until i saw it in person The screen, the slimmness and better build. Smaller size while retaining the same screen size. Just bought it and hope this baby will rock once i root this.

Main wish for this tablet is to have dual sim
3rd September 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #80  
Flag Queens
Thanks Meter: 71

945 posts
More
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YHXahMDDXJ8
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eqlAqk6om2s

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread