FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

The heck with us, average users LOVE this tablet!

15th July 2014, 06:36 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,357

More
We here at xda are tinkerers and perfectionists. We care about esoteric things like benchmarks and measure load times by the millisecond. The slightest hitch and we can't sleep at night for the nightmares of lag monsters and stutter beasts. We flash the newest rom just to flash something new and risk burning our expensive toys up overclocking them until they BSOD.

But you know that the reality is we enthusiasts make up a tiny part of the market for this tablet. Read the reviews of everyday users at retail sites and they are THRILLED with the gorgeous screen, speed and functionality of this new marvel. They regularly comment that the Tab S is THE BEST tablet they have ever used...period. Most of them even like Touchwiz, god forbid.

And you know what? Samsung doesn't make tablets for us here at xda, it makes them for Joe The Jackhammer Operator and Suzy Homemaker. It makes them for average folks who would sooner watch paint dry as spend 5 minutes arguing technological nuance at xda.

So yeah, the Tab S isn't perfect (what is?) but for the folks it is designed for it's pretty damned close.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mitchellvii For This Useful Post: [ View ]

15th July 2014, 07:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Although you have to be a techno geek to even be aware of and consider buying the expensive Tab S.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
15th July 2014, 08:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I'm going to be honest and say I don't mind the visual look of the most modern iteration of Touchwiz. If only they made it not so bloated...
The Following User Says Thank You to misteroh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 09:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
For some reason still no units in bahrain or saudi
The Following User Says Thank You to avenging For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 09:27 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboney

Although you have to be a techno geek to even be aware of and consider buying the expensive Tab S.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Expensive? The iPad costs the same for less and average folks seem to like that. And then there's the huge national ad campaign.
15th July 2014, 09:43 PM |#6  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

Expensive? The iPad costs the same for less and average folks seem to like that. And then there's the huge national ad campaign.

What he said
The Following User Says Thank You to Stupid1337deer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 09:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
This is my first Android Tablet(have had iPads) and love it so far. Find it extremely quick and love the screen.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xchampx13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 09:49 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avenging

For some reason still no units in bahrain or saudi

Could be a technological Bahrain drain?
15th July 2014, 11:32 PM |#9  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchampx13

This is my first Android Tablet(have had iPads) and love it so far. Find it extremely quick and love the screen.

Welcome to the community!
16th July 2014, 01:09 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchampx13

According to xRevilatioNx the Tab S is a stuttering lagfest with abysmal web browsing performance. I guess you are just imagining things

P.S., I agree with you. Tab S rocks.
Last edited by mitchellvii; 16th July 2014 at 01:12 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchellvii For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread