Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,609 Members 42,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Laggy and choppy gameplay in Simpsons Tapped Out

Tip us?

cpete47
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Unhappy Laggy and choppy gameplay in Simpsons Tapped Out

I've been experiencing significant issues while running this game, to the point of being unplayable. After a little digging, this is an issue across several Samsung tablets, all using the Exynos 5 Octa. I can confirm this isn't a high DPI issue either, because the game ran just fine on my Note Pro 8.4 with a Snapdragon 800 Processor.

Sigh... they put out a flagship product and put their buggy processor in it. I don't know if this has skewed my perception of the tablet, but I also seem to be noticing unexpected lag in other apps as well-- including the XDA Premium app.

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 1,193
Have you installed Nova Launcher?

xRevilatioNx
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Sounds like an isolated I issue. I'm playing SHADOWGUN EADZONE , NBA 2014, Badlands, MC4 and so far I'm getting excellent game play.
Looking for free cloud storage? Sign up under my Dropbox referral link and we'll both get 500 MB of bonus space: http://db.tt/pgIIvF5w [After signing up don't forget to install Dropbox on your computer and login or none of us will get the bonus.]

~THE TRANSFORMER INFINITY -- THE NEXT TRANSFORMATION~

cpete47
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii View Post
Have you installed Nova Launcher?

Yes, this is with Nova installed. It seems like it's probably a combination of a poorly coded came and some quirk with the SOC.

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpete47 View Post
Yes, this is with Nova installed. It seems like it's probably a combination of a poorly coded came and some quirk with the SOC.
My guess is the game doesn't know how to deal with an octacore processor.

3DSammy
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpete47 View Post
I've been experiencing significant issues while running this game, to the point of being unplayable. After a little digging, this is an issue across several Samsung tablets, all using the Exynos 5 Octa. I can confirm this isn't a high DPI issue either, because the game ran just fine on my Note Pro 8.4 with a Snapdragon 800 Processor.

Sigh... they put out a flagship product and put their buggy processor in it. I don't know if this has skewed my perception of the tablet, but I also seem to be noticing unexpected lag in other apps as well-- including the XDA Premium app.
I'd suggest contacting the developers using examples of working games such as the other user mentioned. Sometimes the devs respond by email especially if an issue can hurt sales. Also a review on Google Play can get attention too but first try the email route.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Google Nexus 5 & 10: [4.4.4] rooted Stock, Franco kernel (on N5, on N10), TWRP, Xposed, GravityBox, SuperSU Pro and ViPER4Android Audio Effects FX

chargen2
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy View Post
I'd suggest contacting the developers using examples of working games such as the other user mentioned. Sometimes the devs respond by email especially if an issue can hurt sales. Also a review on Google Play can get attention too but first try the email route.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Exact same issue with my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition. EA dug in to a certain extent, but eventually the ticket died. To be honest I was sick and tired of dealing with them by that point. IIRC almost a month had passed.

What a sh*t situation!
Current: Samsung SGH-I337m
Previous: SGS3, SGS2, Nokia N900, plus too many to name

Zeblade
Old
Thanks Meter 17
yeah they cant check every game and app to see if it runs super smooth. And gaming is not on the top 10 list for this tablet.

Nvidia, Amd, same kind of thing.

BeansTown106
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18,162
Location: Springfield, Ma Likes: AllianceRom :) Dislikes: Kangers

DONATE TO ME
That sucks one of the reasons I returned my 2014 note :/ but hey I don't play it anymore I wonder of its a game issue or exynos issue

Current Device's: Verizon Galaxy S5, Note 3 - T-Mobile Galaxy S5 - Wifi Tab Pro 8.4
If You Like My Work Please Consider a Donation to help further Development
Dont Forget To Hit "Thanks" And Rate The Thread 5 Stars!!

clintonroche
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Beans you shouldn't be playing games...... You should be working on ROMs lol!