T800/T805/T700/T705 Lollipop bootloaders

Search This thread

micheal1981

Jan 18, 2014
I can't get odin to flash the bootloader for my SM-T800. I've got Windows 10. It just keeps showing what is in the screenshot. I have USB debugging on. I used Flashfire to update to BOJ1 and keep root and now need to update the bootloader. Am I flashing the right one? The code on my T800 is XAR.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 972
Last edited:

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Reactions: thejase

Jamesyboy

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago, IL
For anyone that wants to flash a custom Lollipop rom from Kitkat.
Just flash the relevant bootloader with Odin then your custom Lollipop rom of choice.

TIP: don't forget to make a backup of your current system in recovery before flashing anything.

T800 Lollipop bootloader

T805 Lollipop bootloader

T700XXU1BOD5_bootloader Thanks to @maxq1

T705XXU1BOD5_bootloader Thanks to @Nick Noctem

T805XXU1BOCC_T805OXA1BOC4_DBT Thanks to Nick Noctem

T700XXU1BOJ7_Oct.23.2015_20.53.31.zip
T705XXU1BOJ8_Oct.23.2015_21.18.17.zip
T800XXU1BOJ1_Oct.5.2015_18.28.10.zip
T805XXU1BOJ1_Oct.5.2015_18.30.20.zip
Thanks to @Schischu

EDIT: If anyone wants to share their bootloader please post here and I'll add to the OP.
Thanks.

Bought this tablet about an year ago. It updated upon first boot, at which point I promptly rooted and flashed a recovery (TWRP). Havent changed anything since except to flash a custom kernel to use STweaks to boost he volume, and occasionally under clock/volt.

Am I correct in guessing that I don't need to flash a boot loader at all, and can just start happily flashing away with TWRP, since I'm already on 5.0.2? I've attached my information below.

Jamesyboy

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago, IL
Question 1: The latest ironrom is made from the BOJ build. I'm on OCC. In order to install the ROM I have to flash the BOJ boot loader right?

Question 2: Or ODIN to the BOJ stock, root& recovery, then flash?

Question 3: What if you don't have access to aanother computer? Is there a way to flash the bootloader.....or update the rooted stock version I have via some other flashing solution? For instance:: Mybe I could use flashify, or TWRP to flash an update from OCC, to OJJ or something?

Or, if there we're intermediate updates in there like I think I've seen, Could one go from OCC to "Insert Intermediate Build Here" to "Insert Intermediate build here", finally to BOJJ..... then root/add TWRP to that, and finally install the ROM?

If I could only just lash this boot loader is TWRP or something else on the device, I could've had his done months ago. I'VE been trying the entire time to figure this out.

I play hearthstone competitively, and the software is just too heavy. I need an optimized version....or at least a version that has been made by someone who knows what performance is. I've had several issues with battery life and memory.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
You need odin to flash bootloaders.
The other option is to flash stock firmware of the build you are currently on with flashfire, disable root first before flashing, then update via ota.

bo_syd

May 12, 2011
I thought I would post the solution to my issue. Thanks to sc4s2cg, the following worked for me:

1. Restore to stock via Odin - download firmware from sammobile
2. Root via autoroot
3. Install TWRP via appstore
4. Follow OP

thejase

Jan 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
OnePlus 7T
how to flash

thanks everyone for providing the files! How can i flash these in odin 3.10.7? which buttons do i use for the tars? bl? I noticed a lot of people have guides but they are usually guides for the full firmware and not just the bl.

Reactions: mac231us

methslushee

Apr 29, 2012
thanks everyone for providing the files! How can i flash these in odin 3.10.7? which buttons do i use for the tars? bl? I noticed a lot of people have guides but they are usually guides for the full firmware and not just the bl.

I flashed for the t700 with odin 3.10.7, put the bootloader tar file in thet BL slot

Reactions: thejase

ol31

Mar 31, 2015
can someone confirm it is not possible nor safe to flash bootloader with TWRP ?
I do not have ODIN as no windows machine...

ol31

Mar 31, 2015
Sorry for Newbie question ,what s the diff between boot.img and sboot.bin ?

vykana

Oct 29, 2012
Sarnia
Someone please help I got the new bootloader and now I can't a cess internal storage. This is what I did:

My device is a T800. I found a marshmallow rom and it said that I needed to install a new bootloader. So I first backup my current rom, which is on android 4.4.2, then install bootloader, then install new rom. Was having issues with new rom so I decided I'd just wait until it was more stable and stick with old rom. Once I restored from backup I was unable to access internal storage within old rom. What can I do?

Last edited:

stajam

Sep 22, 2013
St Louis
Someone please help I got the new bootloader and now I can't a cess internal storage. This is what I did:

My device is a T800. I found a marshmallow rom and it said that I needed to install a new bootloader. So I first backup my current rom, which is on android 4.4.2, then install bootloader, then install new rom. Was having issues with new rom so I decided I'd just wait until it was more stable and stick with old rom. Once I restored from backup I was unable to access internal storage within old rom. What can I do?

I am not real sure, but I am guessing you would have to flash the original bootloader that you were using when you did your nandroid backup. If you did that already then I'm not sure what to do.

?If I help you in anyway, please hit the thanks?
Sent from my SM-N910V

Top Liked Posts