Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,667 Members 49,825 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

tab s processor

Tip us?

salahfathi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default tab s processor

I like tab s 10.5 and I like to buy it but I wonder if the processor shiped in it is good enough or should I wait till they release The Note 2015 which I believe will come with amoled screen too ( which is my main concern in this tablet)

Bigmobile
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by salahfathi View Post
I like tab s 10.5 and I like to buy it but I wonder if the processor shiped in it is good enough or should I wait till they release The Note 2015 which I believe will come with amoled screen too ( which is my main concern in this tablet)
I returned mine it was to laggy for me

funb0b
Old
Thanks Meter 64
5420 is a bit weak, 5433 would have been ideal.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Note 3 SM-N9005
Note 10.1 GT-N8020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Top
Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

Jadefalkon
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I'm honestly not seeing insane lag on mine. Chrome was pretty bad when I first got it but after an update that came through it seems to be a lot better, and I'm using TW. I wouldn't worry about the processor but if you need the pen that's another story. I'm happy with the Tab S which for me means a lot. My brother calls me the return master because If I'm not totally happy I'll return something in a heartbeat. I actually went through more than 15 Nexus 10's because of different issues but Im totally happy now with keeping the Tab S. The only things I would like is USB 3.0 and a 12.2 version but I only had a Nexus 7 on hand and didn't want to wait for them to be released.

Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 (Unicorn) using Tapatalk

salahfathi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I already have note 3 with spen which I dont use alot but I think note 2015 will worth waiting if it comes with abetter processor , my main concern is will the note 2015 come with amoled or lcd screen ( Iam mainly interested in tab s due to its screen )
Thanks

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4127
Quote:
Originally Posted by salahfathi View Post
my main concern is will the note 2015 come with amoled or lcd screen
It's hard to say for two reasons. Inductive displays are pretty complicated so it's not as simple as just throwing a pen sensitive layer on top. The Tab Pro 10.1 has a totally different LCD than the N10.1-14 as they score very differently in objective testing. So the question is whether AMOLED's as big as we're discussing can be made to work in the inductive display model.

Conductive (traditional touch screen)

Inductive (Wacom, S Pen, etc.)

Secondly, Note's are typically used as productivity and creation devices. Most apps in that category use white backgrounds. Making the existing Tab S' "Notes" with the same size battery and the burden of the additional battery draw of the inductive display looking for its pen companion would yield horrible battery life. Battery performance on whites isn't exactly a strong suit as it stands.

HughesNet
Old
Thanks Meter 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
It's hard to say for two reasons. Inductive displays are pretty complicated so it's not as simple as just throwing a pen sensitive layer on top. The Tab Pro 10.1 has a totally different LCD than the N10.1-14 as they score very differently in objective testing. So the question is whether AMOLED's as big as we're discussing can be made to work in the inductive display model.

Conductive (traditional touch screen)

Inductive (Wacom, S Pen, etc.)

Secondly, Note's are typically used as productivity and creation devices. Most apps in that category use white backgrounds. Making the existing Tab S' "Notes" with the same size battery and the burden of the additional battery draw of the inductive display looking for its pen companion would yield horrible battery life. Battery performance on whites isn't exactly a strong suit as it stands.

That last stat can be addressed by using Next browser in night mode. Though I know you were not talking about web browsing specifically but rather white apps in general I just thought I would toss that in there. I just wish the email app had a night mode....