FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

New Tab s 8.4 T705 on the way

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By randybellis, Member on 1st May 2015, 11:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Ordered my T705 today and should be here tomorrow. I had the wifi and missed it after I thought I didnt need it. After a few months I decided it was time to get another one but this time Im going with a 4G model.

What Rom are most people using with the t705?

2nd May 2015, 04:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 983

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randybellis

Ordered my T705 today and should be here tomorrow. I had the wifi and missed it after I thought I didnt need it. After a few months I decided it was time to get another one but this time Im going with a 4G model.

What Rom are most people using with the t705?

Probably stock.
2nd May 2015, 08:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Stock, rooted, heavily debloated. Runs beautifully for me and has been consistent in the 7 8 months I've had the tablet. Blisspop is a excellent AOSP ROM. If you are going that route I'd definitely recommend it. You also have lollipop now, haven't had a chance to see how it performs with TW. I'm still waiting on it for mine
3rd May 2015, 10:00 PM |#4  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripx88

Stock, rooted, heavily debloated. Runs beautifully for me and has been consistent in the 7 8 months I've had the tablet. Blisspop is a excellent AOSP ROM. If you are going that route I'd definitely recommend it. You also have lollipop now, haven't had a chance to see how it performs with TW. I'm still waiting on it for mine

Mobile data doesn't work with blisspop, also there's no tw lollipop for the t705 yet..
I would say stock with skyhigh kernel is best for now..

Sent from my SM-T705
3rd May 2015, 11:44 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohamedN

Mobile data doesn't work with blisspop, also there's no tw lollipop for the t705 yet..
I would say stock with skyhigh kernel is best for now..

Sent from my SM-T705

Yea I read post to fast. Was on my way out. Was referring to the WiFi 8.4 in my post not realizing he was talking about LTE version. I still can't get LTE on skyhigh kernel or else I'd probably be running it too. 807 model is such a small group of people no one develops for it. Hopefully this month the LTE versions both get lollipop. Would be nice.
4th May 2015, 01:17 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Chapel Hill, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripx88

Yea I read post to fast. Was on my way out. Was referring to the WiFi 8.4 in my post not realizing he was talking about LTE version. I still can't get LTE on skyhigh kernel or else I'd probably be running it too. 807 model is such a small group of people no one develops for it. Hopefully this month the LTE versions both get lollipop. Would be nice.

Well AT&T F'ed me over. I ordered it Friday and for some reason the order didnt go through. So I ordered t again today and I will have it this week. As long as I can get room with the skyhigh kernel I'll be happy.

Does anyone use this as a phone?
5th May 2015, 05:36 AM |#7  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,161

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well AT&T F'ed me over. I ordered it Friday and for some reason the order didnt go through. So I ordered t again today and I will have it this week. As long as I can get room with the skyhigh kernel I'll be happy.

Does anyone use this as a phone?

How did you get a T705 from AT&T?
Their Tab S 8.4" is bootloader locked and you cannot root or ROM it.
5th May 2015, 09:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie

How did you get a T705 from AT&T?
Their Tab S 8.4" is bootloader locked and you cannot root or ROM it.

Exactly! And it (the T707) doesn't have ear speakers or phone/sms capabilities.
6th May 2015, 01:34 AM |#9  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 1,161

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdown

Thanks, I couldn't remember their model number.
I just know I bought one.
Had it delivered.
Then did a lot of cussing when I found out I couldn't even root the stupid thing.
Ended up buying a T705 from Amazon and put it in my T-Mobile plan for $10/month which gets it 3G but no calling.

Hope this dude gets notified by email whenever someone quotes him so he can cancel his T707-A order because I'm assuming that's what he's purchased from AT&T.

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Hey, welcome to XDA btw. One post in seven years!
6th May 2015, 11:41 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Chapel Hill, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdown

Excuse me! it the 707A. So this cannot be rooted? If that is the case I will be taking back TOMORROW!
6th May 2015, 11:45 PM |#11  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,522

More
Quote:

Excuse me! it the 707A. So this cannot be rooted? If that is the case I will be taking back TOMORROW!

Take it back! No root for T707a! Go go go! Make sure it's a T705!

-DUHA

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)