FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[T807AUCU1BOD4] Official Lollipop 5.0.2 OTA For AT&T Galaxy Tab S 10.5

3,856 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,786

By oldblue910, Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief on 13th May 2015, 05:51 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
The OTA is huge, to the tune of 1.1 GB, but I finally got it downloaded and installed. There are lots of UI tweaks and performance seems really good. Plus, the radio bug introduced with the NK1 update is fixed, so the cellular radio shouldn't randomly shut off anymore.

So far, I'm pretty happy with it. What say ye, fellow XDAers?

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

13th May 2015, 06:27 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Can anyone extract or pull the update and post it? I think you should be able to use kies
13th May 2015, 08:35 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 641

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sram21092

Can anyone extract or pull the update and post it? I think you should be able to use kies

Come on, somebody help this guy out and grab the update from kies before it disappears.
13th May 2015, 08:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I've finally got this damn thing working the way I want and now they're pushing an update? And I don't have a choice? I should have stayed with Verizon.
13th May 2015, 08:53 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Flag Durham, NC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorvindr

I've finally got this damn thing working the way I want and now they're pushing an update? And I don't have a choice? I should have stayed with Verizon.

Seriously? Yes you have a choice. You can choose not to upgrade, but why wouldn't you? It's the latest and greatest of both Android and Touchwiz.

13th May 2015, 09:13 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910

Seriously? Yes you have a choice. You can choose not to upgrade, but why wouldn't you? It's the latest and greatest of both Android and Touchwiz.

Not giving me a choice. Starts downloading as soon as I connect to Wifi. And I f*&#ing HATE TouchWiz. First thing I do on a Samsung device is install a launcher with even the most basic of customization options and disable the S-anything bloatware. SwiftKey is a better keyboard and Google (ya know; the stuff that's included with Android) is a better everything else.

Of course that's just my opinion but you asked why I don't want the update.
13th May 2015, 09:44 PM |#7  
Flag Durham, NC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Not giving me a choice. Starts downloading as soon as I connect to Wifi. And I f*&#ing HATE TouchWiz. First thing I do on a Samsung device is install a launcher with even the most basic of customization options and disable the S-anything bloatware. SwiftKey is a better keyboard and Google (ya know; the stuff that's included with Android) is a better everything else.

Of course that's just my opinion but you asked why I don't want the update.

Sounds like you should have bought a Nexus 9, then. haha

13th May 2015, 09:55 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue910

Sounds like you should have bought a Nexus 9, then. haha

Yeah, I should have. Unfortunately, 30 bucks a month for 20 months is something I can do while 600 bucks right now isn't.
14th May 2015, 03:11 AM |#9  
Flag Durham, NC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah, I should have. Unfortunately, 30 bucks a month for 20 months is something I can do while 600 bucks right now isn't.

Fair enough.

14th May 2015, 01:33 PM |#10  

More
Yup. Didn't give me a choice. Kept asking all day and I kept saying no. Updated while I was sleeping. Now stuck with cheezy white-everywhere iPhone color scheme.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread