FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Verizon Tab S 8.4 - Did I purchase a Unicorn?

1st December 2014, 02:47 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
So, my local Non-Corporate Verizon store had a sale this weekend on the Tab S 8.4. I didn't even know this was available for Verizon. The only Tab S on the website is the 10.5 model.
So, searching the web, I have found a few sites listing this model, but not for sale anywhere.
It is SM-T707V. Looks like it has the snapdragon.
As for root or anything custom, will I be out of luck, since no one else has this model to test?
I attached a few images.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-01 08.41.45.jpg
Views:	2530
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	3042871   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-01 08.41.59.jpg
Views:	2518
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	3042872   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-01 08.38.07.jpg
Views:	2552
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	3042873  

1st December 2014, 03:07 PM |#2  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,106

More
As for root, if their was a way to export a copy of your recover img and other stuff then someone can port root. But idk how to pull the files to get root. But your tab s is faster then exynos chipset
2nd December 2014, 06:39 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'm about to have the same problem, I think. I'm getting mine from AT&T, and it's another T707. I'm getting the feeling that we'll be SOL when it comes to root, recovery, and roms.
2nd December 2014, 03:03 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomanwrl

I'm about to have the same problem, I think. I'm getting mine from AT&T, and it's another T707. I'm getting the feeling that we'll be SOL when it comes to root, recovery, and roms.

I'm more amazed I got such a good deal on it, and that it exists for Verizon. It's not listed anywhere for sale on their website.

I'll keep an eye out for root. Just hope the updates from Samsung are timely.
3rd December 2014, 03:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docchaos

I'm more amazed I got such a good deal on it, and that it exists for Verizon. It's not listed anywhere for sale on their website.

I just picked one up too. $99.

So we're out of luck for root?
3rd December 2014, 04:13 PM |#6  
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingK

I just picked one up too. $99.

So we're out of luck for root?

If we can find a way to pull your recovery. Img and give it to chainfire or beanstown so they can port it. As of now no. I have no idea how to pull the recovery also. Not sure if twrp can work on your device? Is your bootloader locked?
3rd December 2014, 06:15 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

If we can find a way to pull your recovery. Img and give it to chainfire or beanstown so they can port it. As of now no. I have no idea how to pull the recovery also. Not sure if twrp can work on your device? Is your bootloader locked?

I have no idea how to check the bootloader.

If you can point me in a direction, I'll do what I can.

Otherwise, I'll just keep an eye on this forum.

Thanks
3rd December 2014, 06:50 PM |#8  
Flag Columbus

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingK

I have no idea how to check the bootloader.

If you can point me in a direction, I'll do what I can.

Otherwise, I'll just keep an eye on this forum.

Thanks

Well turn off your device.
Now hold power, home, vol down till it saids warning you are about to install a custom os. Now just press the volup. If you can access that it should be unlock. Now to exit, now do power, home, vol down again and it should reboot.

I think there may be a way to root your model tablets unless the bootloader is unlocked.
My think was since twrp works on the 805 and 705 also, shouldnt that mean they should be the same for all versions of the tab s if the have the same chip? Because twrp was build for the tab s wifi devices but still worked on the lte devices. So what i thought is that they should work for the 807s with unlocked bootloaders the same way they did with the lte tab s. Then if they can get that installed all they need to do is flash supersu zip since cfautoroot does the same. Though this is jist a though but could get you guys root. Highly not recommned you try it thoufg. But just check if your bootloader is unlocked with what i told you and well see if the root method I thought of may start something. But twrp only works on eynos.... So.. Idk
The Following User Says Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd December 2014, 10:24 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'd really just be happy with a working root method. A recovery would be nice, but not really necessary for me since there's not likely to be any development for these weird US lte variants.
6th January 2015, 09:18 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by docchaos

Hi, where did you find the T707v? I have looked almost everywhere.
The Galaxy Tab S 8.4 is available for other carriers, but I haven't found it for Verizon.
Thank you if you reply, Jeff
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread