FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Tab S vs Tab 4 10.1 vs Tab Pro 12.2...which one?

13th January 2015, 05:20 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I have the Tab S 10.5 and love it, I am completely stock and have not witnessed any lag with what I do. I mostly use my tablet to watch Netflix, read books, check my e-mail and browse the web. I think the comments that this tablet lags are very subjective, I would never consider returning my tablet due to lag issues.

13th January 2015, 07:20 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've heard so much mixed reviews about the lag. Some say it's blazing fast others laggy all the time. Must just be the slight variety in production?... Or perspective? Also the thought of an enhanced tab s makes me light up inside. Although I wonder if they'll make a new 12.2 sized tablet with amoled screen. That screen is beautiful. That's my main hang up... I either get bigger screen or better screen. Also the tab s has exynos and the note 12.2 has snapdragon at AT&T. From studying them people prefer the snapdragon but test results kind of show the exynos being better... I May just have not researched well enough. Seems like a complete toss up between these two. Like a coin flip of whether or not either Will be as good or bad as anyone says. Sorry about the seemingly long post.
Last edited by fiend.of.fiends; 13th January 2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: typo
13th January 2015, 09:45 PM |#33  
Flag Saint Paul, MN
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sprint LTE variant of the Tab S 10.5 (SM-T807) - loving this tablet. The SAMOLED screen is nothing short of amazing - streaming video from Netflix or HBO Go in beautiful, crystal-clear HD with rich, brilliant color. Have not experienced any hint of a stutter with graphic-intensive games, either. The Snapdragon 800 SoC is fully capable of handling just about anything thrown at it.

Hoping that a stock Lollipop update is in the works.
13th January 2015, 11:32 PM |#34  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I've got a Tab S 10.5 and I think it's great. I play lots of games on it, never lags. Was able to remove most of the bloatware without root. I use the Nova launcher and I have no complaints.
13th January 2015, 11:44 PM |#35  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 106

More
I moved from the sony tablet z to the tab s 10.5

The difference is amazing defo the best tablet i have touched.
14th January 2015, 05:36 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking
So much love for the tab s. Now that I've heard that there might be a new release soon for the tab s2 I wanna wait. Anyone have any idea of how long it should take for release? Also any rumors about a new 12.2?... Or just a Samsung tablet that is a note and has samoled but at least 10 inches or above? Oh man... If they came out with a tab s 2 note 10.5 & 12.2 I'd have my perfect tablet. So long as the specs are up to par with being newer so better. I'd get the 12.2 of this imaginary future tab note.
14th January 2015, 07:35 AM |#37  
Racine
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Ended up here somehow but I read all the comments as I just bought a tablet. And I was in the same boat as you regarding getting 12.2 or tab S 10.5. I went to best buy and compared both hand in hand (couldn't compare weight as they were tied down). I would agree that Tab S screen is better than 12.2 but 12.2's screen isnt bad either. I got a good deal on 12.2 note pro new for $429 (no tax) from newegg. So I bought the 12.2 and stylus seems pretty cool as I like to draw sometimes. Also the extra screen real estate looked awesome.
14th January 2015, 04:52 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jball

Not sure about the Tab S and so far as long as I keep a decent grip on the tablet I won't have to worry about the screen.

I will say that my S4 smashed easily from ear to counter top when I lost grip of it.

my son threw my tablet on the ground, inside a book cover, and the screen cracked. $199 to replace

Finally got it fixed tho and the screen looks better than I remembered. My son no longer touches my tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to Hisma For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread