Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 40,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 32GB Tab S 8.4?

Tip us?

GregMedic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] 32GB Tab S 8.4?

Hello all. I am brand new to XDA and the Tab S (and really tablets in general). I have read in anandtech and many other sites that the Tab S (8.4 and 10.5) will come in both 16 and 32gb versions. At present I can only find the 8.4 in 16gb and I saw only one 32gb variant available for the 10.5 on BestBuy.

My question is: does anyone know if the 8.4 Tab S will be available in 32gb? Also, will a 32gb variant be substantially better than the 16gb version available right now?

Thanks for your help.

will6316
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregMedic View Post
Hello all. I am brand new to XDA and the Tab S (and really tablets in general). I have read in anandtech and many other sites that the Tab S (8.4 and 10.5) will come in both 16 and 32gb versions. At present I can only find the 8.4 in 16gb and I saw only one 32gb variant available for the 10.5 on BestBuy.

My question is: does anyone know if the 8.4 Tab S will be available in 32gb? Also, will a 32gb variant be substantially better than the 16gb version available right now?

Thanks for your help.
Probably not. They haven't even released the 32gb variant for the tabpro 8.4 or galaxy s5
The Following User Says Thank You to will6316 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

murmur70
Old
(Last edited by murmur70; 5th July 2014 at 07:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a 32gb iteration. Just get a big SD card and put all of your media on that.

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to murmur70 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GregMedic
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys for your responses. On some posts in cyberspace I saw that users were concerned that the OS takes up a great deal of the 16gb and that, as a result, there would be inadequate space for apps. I dont have a clue if this is true and that prompted me to ask about the 32gb version. Have you had this "bad" experience of not having enough memory for apps? My understanding is that when you put a microSD card in the tablet, that the OS wont use it for apps. Im not sure if that is true or just rumor.

Again thanks for your help in sorting this out. Much appreciated.

Who? Me?
Old
(Last edited by Who? Me?; 6th July 2014 at 06:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Samsung Australia has the 32gb version up for pre-order on their website. They say it'll ship on July 14th.

The part numbers are SM-T700NTSEXSA for bronze and SM-T700NZWEXSA for white.

Why Australia but (apparently) nowhere else? I don't get it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Who? Me? For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]