Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 4k - UHD video playback on SGTS

OP AYAMY

17th July 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Hi everybody,
I have a question.... I have a Galaxy Note 3 and I have recorded some videos in 4k to see how they work on my new Galaxy tab S
but the stock video player can't open these videos and the only player on the market that runs these videos is MX player but the video frame rate is poor and the audio is out of sync....
Could you tell me a video player or a way to convert UHD video from my Note 3 to the Galaxy Tab S ?
Thanks
Last edited by AYAMY; 17th July 2014 at 06:01 PM.
17th July 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

88 posts
SGTS can neither record nor play 4k videos as its not a 4k tablet.
The Following User Says Thank You to fanistic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
The SGTS can't record UHD and It can't play 1:1 4K video ... and this is obvious because its screen is not UHD ... but My question was:
There is a way to play smoothly UHD video with this tablet? with a specific player or with a converter (pc side)
17th July 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 215

1,226 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYAMY

The SGTS can't record UHD and It can't play 1:1 4K video ... and this is obvious because its screen is not UHD ... but My question was:
There is a way to play smoothly UHD video with this tablet? with a specific player or with a converter (pc side)

How does that work then? My Note 3 is not UHD and it plays the 4k videos it records just fine, at a lower resolution obviously
18th July 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaplinger76

How does that work then? My Note 3 is not UHD and it plays the 4k videos it records just fine, at a lower resolution obviously

"it doesn't play 1:1 4K" means exactly what you have wrote... The display of Note 3 is "only" Full Hd ..and the SGN3 downscales the UHD content to the native panel resolution... I think... or I Wish that SGST could use the same way with 4K / UHD videos... but till today the only player that runs UHD video on SGTS is MX player but the video aren't smooth..
19th July 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #6  

9 posts
UHD Videos...
The UHD Videos from my S5 worked on my Tab Pro 8.4 but don't work on my Tab S 8.4..... I'm starting to like this tablet less and less..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread