319 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By slackerz_86, Senior Member on 8th August 2014, 02:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd April 2015, 10:58 AM |#81  
Flag England, UK
Thanks Meter: 268

More
My 10.5 lost about 40% in 3 hours while it was in it`s case, I use Gsam battery monitor and have set an alarm if the battery temp goes over 37c and this is the only reason i managed to stop my battery from being fully drained, I just closed all apps as i could not tell which one was causing the problem, I now have Watchdog app keeping an eye out for misbehaving apps and set it to monitor all processes in the settings.

But apart from that one time i had battery drain, my 10.5 has not been restarted ever and that is over 150 days and counting, so not crashes or anything.

John.

25th July 2015, 12:44 AM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Wtf is going on here...? It just suddenly died after being left alone for a short while, screen off.

It seems to be recharging suspiciously quickly too. It's rooted (tripped KNOX obviously) but running stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rtH3iPc.png
Views:	172
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	3417407  
9th September 2015, 03:14 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
My own 10.5 has had bad battery life for as long as I remember. I originally put it down to an OTA but I've been reading the comments here and did the battery reconnection and it hasn't made any difference, the battery is losing 1% every few minutes with just a web browser open. The battery section in Settings shows it has 37% battery power and approx 16 hrs left. But its the battery use graph that tells a rather worrying story, showing massive draining while I (and presumably the tablet should be as well) am asleep. The second pic shows the battery level has fallen by 3% as I'm typing this on my pc.

battery drainage 1

Battery Drainage 2

Its rooted, knox tripped and running stock rom.
19th January 2016, 09:20 PM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I realize this is a pretty old thread, but I just wanted to say that I'm having the same issues with my rooted tab s. Within 10-15 minutes of powering on, the battery drops from 100%-75%, then slowly drains to 50%, then drops to 0 almost instantly. Rebooting shows battery back up to 50-60%. Maybe I'll try opening it up like some others have.
20th January 2016, 02:35 AM |#85  
Sydney

More
Just want to add that I had exactly the same problem when I first got my Tab S 8.4 - did manual DIY battery replacement (while under warranty because I did not want to send my device away - this is not recommended), and this fixed the problem.

You know you battery is boned like this if you notice:
* The reported battery precentage while turned on is significantly less/different (10% or more) from what is reported when the phone is off and charging. This margin gets larger the less the battery is charged.
* When you run the battery "flat" and the phone shuts itself down, turning it immediately back on again will show a non 0/1% battery status (usually around the 15-25% mark, I've seen it be at 40% after turning itself off).

Apparently this problem started around the Tab 3 line - it's a hardware issue with the battery, and when I replaced my battery the issue disappeared.

I was able to circumvent this briefly by disconnecting the battery for about an hour, but the issue returned within a day or two.
4th April 2016, 04:25 PM |#86  

More
Write me PM who have issuse with fast battery drain in SM-T700/705 SM-T800/805 i give u easy way to fix this ptoblem.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka
13th April 2016, 10:17 AM |#87  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qava

Write me PM who have issuse with fast battery drain in SM-T700/705 SM-T800/805 i give u easy way to fix this ptoblem.

Hi I have a sm t705 and it drains very fast please tell me how to fix it
16th April 2016, 08:11 PM |#88  

More
Go to 5 page and u will be know

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aungkhaingoo

Hehe. I accidentally broke the plastic plate and nothing still wrong with the device. What is the plastic work for? And my back cover and device frame is 45% demage haha.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dude realy funny, how u open this device xD

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)