Biggest Flash drive?

Search This thread

Guntert

May 5, 2011
Stockton, Ca
I have the Samsung galaxy tab s 10.5 and I would like to know if a 256g flash drive will work? I watch movies and TV shows on the go, 64g is not enough (the Simpsons season 1 - 25 needs about 100g) I don't have a computer anymore just my tablet. I bought the seagate wireless plus 1tb and I couldn't get it to work, don't want to order a 256g flash drive and have same trouble. Any help would be great

Sorry no I am not rooted and due to the fact that I use my Samsung allshare cast hub daily and root items can't use the hub

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
He probably means OTG cable with a hard drive. Simple drives tend to work the larger drives need more power to work via USB.

Sent from my SM-N910P

There is an available of cable that's a "y".....one leg is the USB and the other is another female micro USB for your charging cable. Can't remember where on ebay I got mine but it does work for my external hard drives with my GS5

redenfredaesh

Oct 15, 2014
Sydney
128gb sd card is not big enough so I thought k would try a 256gb OTG flash drive. Has anyone tested?

This question left me extremely curious, so I have just purchased an OTG cable which will arrive in a few days. I will test out a few different EXT HDD sizes and post what the maximum my OTG will allow.

I do however forsee an increase in the discharge of the battery for larger storage devices, but we shall see.

steelbrachen

Apr 8, 2014
I'm gonna buy a sandisk ultra 64gb microUSB otg and I was looking for a bigger one but this must be the biggest one they have, can't wait to test it out. What I'll do is if my shows or movies won't fit I'm gonna have to erase the ones I've seen then try to make them fit. I suggest you get a 128gb micro SD card plus a big sized flash drive then you should be okay.

Sent from my SM-T805

redenfredaesh

Oct 15, 2014
Sydney
So I bought an OTG cable off ebay, and it arrived. I didn't change the format of any of my external drives as I don't have the space to store anything currently anywhere else. The tablet registers there is a drive connected however it can't mount the storage device due to an unknown format. The externals I tried were 2 portables (1x 500Gb usb2.0 and 1x 1Tb usb 3.0) and 2 desktops (1x 1.5Tb and 1x 1Tb both usb 2.0). Over the next few days I will attempt to reformat the 500 Gb and 1Tb portables, and the 1Tb desktop and see if that produces any results. Due to work constraints this may take a few days, so thank you for patience. Results will be posted as soon as possible. Current format of all the externals is default NTFS.

redenfredaesh

Oct 15, 2014
Sydney
Another Option

There's another option in which would require multiple devices unfortunately due to the limited storage. Its a product I currently use myself called "Toshiba Duo 2 in 1.
http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/...flash-drive-toduo64grd?searchTerm=Toshina Duo

Unfortunately I am still working on my other drives. There's is a lot of moving data around (limited to USB 2.0 speeds), so please keep posted on my other externals.

Last edited: