Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

If I buy a Tab S in the US and sent it to myself in Europe?

OP corvus.corax

28th July 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I bought my Tab S on the day of release in the US and walked back into the UK with it saving about 100 quid. I have added my device to my Samsung devices page and entered the serial number with no issues so guessing that as long as they don't want a receipt of purchase then warranty should not be an issue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
28th July 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 407

832 posts
More
When I asked Samsung France about European warranty, they answered me "As long as you have the bill/receipt, it is ok, your Italian tablet is under warranty in France too"
The Following User Says Thank You to Orphee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 203

532 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphee

www.hw1.it
They only have the LTE version in Italy, no wifi only.

I want to buy the 8.4 lte unit as it is the same price as the wifi only version elsewhere, but I find it a little discomforting that the price is 100 euros cheaper than it will be offered elsewhere. Should I be concerned about the product this website is offering?
3rd August 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #14  

832 posts
More
I'm not sure to understand your word...
Yes I bought the LTE version on this Italian website same price than wifi version in France, and I'm very happy with it.
I was in holiday this week, far from any wifi access point, I was very happy to have the LTE version (with my multi sim data plan).

Price in France for wifi version : http://www.materiel.net/tablette-tac...nc-105481.html

Price in Italy for LTE version : http://www.hw1.it/samsung-galaxy-tab...m-t805ntsaitv/
Last edited by Orphee; 3rd August 2014 at 11:52 PM.
4th August 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 203

532 posts
Take the 8.4inch, for example. The French site's price for the wifi-only tablet is the normally suggested 399 euro price. The wifi/4g-lte version is recommended to sell for 499 euros in Europe. But the Italian site is selling that one for 399 euros - a 100 euros discount (discount similar to the 10.5 inch prices). So my question is: are you satisfied with product you got from the Italian site because I think the price is quite low compared to what it is "supposed" to be.
Last edited by corvus.corax; 4th August 2014 at 10:51 AM.
4th August 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #16  

832 posts
More
Well it seems the price is normal in Italy, if you check some comparing Italian websites.
Yes I couldn't be more satisfied, I really recommend this website.
I asked some info in English by mail, they called me on my phone to confirm the tracking number of the package...
I was afraid when I paid, but now I'm very happy.

http://www.trovaprezzi.it/prezzo_tab...ab_s_10.5.aspx

I choosed hw1.it because they ship in France.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orphee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th August 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 10

146 posts
SM-T705
I am from Austria also tinking about ordering eg. at Amazon.it to have 30 days trial (cant be ordered in Germany from Austria right now) ...

Is it ok to flash an Austian Version e.g. CSC: T705ATO1ANF1 ???
1 will knox be triggered ?
2 is there any difference regarding GSM/LTE frequency bands or do all european devices have the same circuit boards ? One can look this up e.g. with myphoneexplorer (\System\build.prop Austria: ro.product.board=universal5420)
Last edited by gggg; 5th August 2014 at 09:43 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread