OP abidaboy

24th November 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #21  
Flag Shenzhen
Thanks Meter: 32

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjterhorst

Hi, what would happen if I would flash an European 805 firmware on the 805C ?

No Radio, just Wifi
31st January 2015, 05:14 PM   |  #22  
Flag Wuxi, China
Thanks Meter: 72

363 posts
More
Hi all,

how about the Chinese SM-T700 WiFi version?

Does anyone know which European rom could be flashed on this device so google play becomes available?
1st February 2015, 04:53 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 86

481 posts
Do these Chinese tablets have the Exynos cpu? Are they bootloader unlocked? Has anyone rooted one of these chinese tablets? I can't see the hardware being any different so dont see why any rom for the t800/805 cant be flashed via twrp. Warranty will be none existent anyway if its from China.
1st February 2015, 10:57 PM   |  #24  
Flag Wuxi, China

363 posts
More
Hi ashyx

it's an exynos 1.9+1.3 cpu, bootloader unlocked, WiFi version. I have mine rooted through CF autoroot, no google play for the moment.
Warranty i don't care about but google play would be great to have, so any advice on another stock rom would be great
1st February 2015, 11:48 PM   |  #25  

481 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaboy5216

Hi ashyx

it's an exynos 1.9+1.3 cpu, bootloader unlocked, WiFi version. I have mine rooted through CF autoroot, no google play for the moment.
Warranty i don't care about but google play would be great to have, so any advice on another stock rom would be great

Well if you're rooted install twrp 2.8.4.0 make a backup of current sytem with it then flash a nandroid.
It'll either work or not, if not just flash back.

Have you tried downloading and installing google play?
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...re-5-1-11-apk/
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-...42632-036-apk/
Last edited by ashyx; 1st February 2015 at 11:59 PM.
2nd February 2015, 06:19 AM   |  #26  
Flag Wuxi, China

363 posts
More
Yeah tried it already, installs without nagging but Google play opens and immediately closes again.

I'll maybe try flashing another rom and see what happens.

edit: downloaded the Canadian rom ANL2 and flashed it on the T700, flash went perfect (Odin3 v3.09 ), update when perfect also.
Google play installed. Currently trying to sign in to Google Play but this is taking ages ... Looks like the great Chinese Firewall is very vivid with the upcoming Chinese new year.

Well just wanted to let you guys know it worked for me
Last edited by Chinaboy5216; 3rd February 2015 at 04:20 PM.
5th February 2015, 08:49 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Unhappy help needed...
Dear all,

After rooting my Samsung T805C tablet (by using the CF-Auto-Root and Odin) and install gapps (Nano) modular package (by using TWRP v2.8.4.0), I have encountered com.google.process.gapps stopped error every time I start up the tablet.

I have tried everything mentioned from the web: clear data/cache for google applications/download manager/reset application preference, I even did a wipe on Dalvik cache, but nothing helps.

Could any of you let me know if you have also experienced the same problem and possible solutions?

Many thanks,

Oxfei
6th February 2015, 08:40 PM   |  #28  

481 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfei

Dear all,

After rooting my Samsung T805C tablet (by using the CF-Auto-Root and Odin) and install gapps (Nano) modular package (by using TWRP v2.8.4.0), I have encountered com.google.process.gapps stopped error every time I start up the tablet.

I have tried everything mentioned from the web: clear data/cache for google applications/download manager/reset application preference, I even did a wipe on Dalvik cache, but nothing helps.

Could any of you let me know if you have also experienced the same problem and possible solutions?

Many thanks,

Oxfei

Try installing the 2 apk's above.
16th February 2015, 05:19 PM   |  #29  

1 posts
Thread update for those interested
Hi there

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi SM-T800 that was originally from China with the T800ZCU1ANI1 firmware installed. It was the a grey import and only 60% of full price retail imported models so was an impulse buy for me. This model does not come with any Google support and a) rooting or b) a non-wipe flash of any other firmware version will not work to get Google because of country specific tweaks made at the point of manufacture. What I did was go to the official Samsung service center and ask kindly if they would hard flash T800XXU1ANF8 onto my tablet. I complained that my tablet was not working well with all the Chinese-specific bloatware. They gave me a good lesson on how I shouldn't have purchased they tablet on the grey market and how it wasn't supported officially and I said I was new to the game and I appreciated their advice should I buy another ... but for now could they help me out. After a bit of "we need to talk to the manager" they agreed, charged me USD25 (because of course as a grey import was not locally supported) and made me sign a waiver on my service form to say I took full responsibility should something go wrong. Nothing went wrong and I have a fully working pad with Google. My thanks go out to them!

My advice is that Samsung wants to match Apple's service, can't afford to alienate customers and so with a little bit of convincing and sweet talking Samsung will help you guys who have purchased a T800ZCU1ANI1 firmware tablet and want to change firmware versions so you can have Google services. This is in my opinion and based on this experience only ...
20th February 2015, 02:48 PM   |  #30  

1 posts
my sm-t805c problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodivas

SM-T800C (China) is compatible with SM-T800
SM-T805C (China) NO (modem.bin, sboot.bin and system.img you can not flash through Odin). If you want, you can flash this firmware:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...guage-t2845483 but with my system.img ZHU1ANG2 for T805C:

Dowload firmware ZHU1ANG2 for T805C

Hi Bodivas!

Thanks to your posts I understood the problem of flashing European Rom on my 805C. You had posted system.img that is no longer downloadable. That could help Im sure but I wanted to ask if you have PIT table file for European Rom sizes so I could flash the Polish one from sammobile.com

I would be the most greatful for your help!
Tomasz

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread