The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

What custom recovery should I use?

OP SysAdmNj

4th September 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183

2,060 posts
More
To install a custom rom of course, I was trying to find twrp for this tablet.
4th September 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Alba
Thanks Meter: 337

1,162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj

Look in original android development sub forum...
The Following User Says Thank You to killall For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #3  
Flag Irvine, CA
Thanks Meter: 4

12 posts
More
Quote:

I too was searching for twrp after having rooted with CF-Autoroot, and I found it at their website. But I have not had any success in installing it. Odin3 v3.09 comes back with nothing, regardless of using the .img, .md5, or .zip extension of the recovery. Same as with philz cwm recovery. It must be me, because others have installed these recoveries just fine. Iíll have to check that my anti-virus sw is disabled and that the usb drivers are compatible with my OS. Iím still researching. Iíll post back if I succeed. Here are the links below. Whichever recovery you choose make sure you download the correct one for the model you have. (SM-T800 vs T801 vs T805, etcÖ) Good luck!
twrp: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/239
Philz: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...m-nf9-t2839989
4th September 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183

2,060 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Seaman

I too was searching for twrp after having rooted with CF-Autoroot, and I found it at their website. But I have not had any success in installing it. Odin3 v3.09 comes back with nothing, regardless of using the .img, .md5, or .zip extension of the recovery. Same as with philz cwm recovery. It must be me, because others have installed these recoveries just fine. Iíll have to check that my anti-virus sw is disabled and that the usb drivers are compatible with my OS. Iím still researching. Iíll post back if I succeed. Here are the links below. Whichever recovery you choose make sure you download the correct one for the model you have. (SM-T800 vs T801 vs T805, etcÖ) Good luck!
twrp: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/239
Philz: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...m-nf9-t2839989

It was easier than I thought. If you are rooted, just download twrp manager from playstore, and find your device name chagallwifi in my case I have the t800. And once it downloads recovery, install it.
4th September 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #5  
Flag Irvine, CA

12 posts
More
Quote:

It was easier than I thought. If you are rooted, just download twrp manager from playstore, and find your device name chagallwifi in my case I have the t800. And once it downloads recovery, install it.

I did download twrp manager from playstore and tried it, before trying Goo manager, and ROM Toolbox pro. All said that there was no compatible recovery for the device. Maybe at that time (Sun Aug 31) twrp had not officially sanctioned it for wide release, since none of those managers were able to find it for download. That's when I went to TeamWin and downloaded it directly. So if it now works for you, I'll try twrp manager again. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the tip.
5th September 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #6  
Flag Irvine, CA

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Seaman

I did download twrp manager from playstore and tried it, before trying Goo manager, and ROM Toolbox pro. All said that there was no compatible recovery for the device. Maybe at that time (Sun Aug 31) twrp had not officially sanctioned it for wide release, since none of those managers were able to find it for download. That's when I went to TeamWin and downloaded it directly. So if it now works for you, I'll try twrp manager again. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the tip.

Great news! I got home and removed twrp manager + data from my Tab and installed it again from playstore. I remembered you mentioned device name "chagallwifi". Before I had been searching for SM-T800 and couldn't find it in the list of available devices. Thanks for including chagallwifi in your comment, otherwise I would have been lost again. This time it worked just as you said. One very import note: within the twrp manager app you are also able to fix the kitkat 4.4 extSDcard -ro issue, where kitkat 4.4 won't let you write to the extSDcard. so for anyone else reading this I suggest you select that while you have the chance. Some people may not want to install a recovery or a custom ROM, they just want to be able to write to their external SDCard. You can download the app "NextApp SDFix" from the playstore and run it to get around the kitkat issue. Thanks again for your help and speedy reply.
Last edited by Hal Seaman; 5th September 2014 at 05:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal Seaman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread