Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Any custom roms for tab s 8.4?

OP xioner

17th August 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Is installing CM, on my new tab s 8.4 a bad idea? I know it's say device is still in development for it but I'm getting frustrated with touchwiz automatically installing useless apps like NYTIMES and crap like that. And I feel like it's eating my ram for no reason whatsoever. If not CM is there anything else available or do I have to wait a month/few months I can do so? I saw that CM works well with tab pro 8.4 but the only difference between the two is the hardware correct?

Would flashing it in anyway fix this? I'm new to android tablet devices and any android devices, so I have no clue how to do it. If it's not too much trouble maybe somebody could show me a guide?

I'm new to this forum and if I've broken any rules I apologise. I hope I can get some help & advice, thanks in advance. I posted this in another thread but I didn't want to ninja it.

Perhaps, installing BLCKASOP? Since I read from the forum here that it makes the device consume less ram and such, but I also have no clue how to do that, I apologise once again.

Thanks
Last edited by xioner; 17th August 2014 at 12:43 PM.
17th August 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #2  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,247

5,462 posts
As a new user I would recommend against flashing roms heavily in beta stages. Too many bugs. There are a number of good 8.4 roms available in Development. You can uninstall bloat yourself using System App Safe Remover from the playstore but you must be rooted to use this. I also recommend using Nova Launcher.

Sent from my SM-T705
17th August 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

As a new user I would recommend against flashing roms heavily in beta stages. Too many bugs. There are a number of good 8.4 roms available in Development. You can uninstall bloat yourself using System App Safe Remover from the playstore but you must be rooted to use this. I also recommend using Nova Launcher.

Sent from my SM-T705

I thought I replied to you but apparently I didn't.. Are there any easy guides available on how to root this specific device? I know what Nova Launcher is, but what is exactly used for?
17th August 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,247

5,462 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xioner

I thought I replied to you but apparently I didn't.. Are there any easy guides available on how to root this specific device? I know what Nova Launcher is, but what is exactly used for?

You honestly need to do some research before messing with your tablet. Everything I could tell you here has already been said online 1000 times before. Until you have a lot more knowledge, best to remain stock.

Google Nova Launcher for a start. The Development section has a couple threads on rooting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread