Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Make touchwiz less horrible?

OP atticusmas

21st August 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #1  
atticusmas's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Behind you
Thanks Meter: 57
 
462 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
So, as we all know, touchwiz is pretty bad. Horrible blue, terrible green, amazingly horrible notification panel, etc. Wanam Xposed helps with this and gives you tons of control over touchwiz and hopefully makes it less ugly. Has anybody used it? What settings did you use, specifically for the notification panel would be nice. I'm having trouble finding a good balance and making the panel less ugly. Thanks.
21st August 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #2  
kenkiller's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 458
 
3,020 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Nothing much you can do to change it. Minor cosmetic changes maybe, but nothing more.
22nd August 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
I have put 8 icons in each row. As you I can't find a good balanced scheme of colours.
Also it's very useful adding applications to multiwindow...
23rd August 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 5,446
 
4,881 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusmas

So, as we all know, touchwiz is pretty bad. Horrible blue, terrible green, amazingly horrible notification panel, etc. Wanam Xposed helps with this and gives you tons of control over touchwiz and hopefully makes it less ugly. Has anybody used it? What settings did you use, specifically for the notification panel would be nice. I'm having trouble finding a good balance and making the panel less ugly. Thanks.

There are now hundreds of millions of happy (and returning) Samsung users content with TouchWiz. The "we all know" are in the very insignificant minority that Samsung doesn't even bother to notice Sales $$ talk .

Why not back things up, try for yourself and report back. That would be useful to those "we all know" lol

You could post what works and what doesn't along with screen shots
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to UpInTheAir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #5  
edan1979's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 994
 
2,475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Donate to Me
More
I love touchwizz... seriously.. 😁😁😁

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
24th August 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #6  
le0.br4zuc4's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boca Raton, FL
Thanks Meter: 129
 
901 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
I like touchwiz too, I even like the launcher (I must be crazy I know) but if the stock touchwiz launcher allowed to change the icon pack easily, I'd use it daily

Sent from some Android device running a custom ROM
24th August 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #7  
edan1979's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 994
 
2,475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by le0.br4zuc4

I like touchwiz too, I even like the launcher (I must be crazy I know) but if the stock touchwiz launcher allowed to change the icon pack easily, I'd use it daily

Sent from some Android device running a custom ROM

Xperiacle has granted your wish... look for his galaxy icon themer app... you can change the icon as you like it.



Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 955
 
415 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir

There are now hundreds of millions of happy (and returning) Samsung users content with TouchWiz. The "we all know" are in the very insignificant minority that Samsung doesn't even bother to notice Sales $$ talk .

Why not back things up, try for yourself and report back. That would be useful to those "we all know" lol

You could post what works and what doesn't along with screen shots

Correlation != causation, just because these devices and have touchwiz does not by that data alone mean that touchwiz is what drives those sales.

I personally bought this tablet solely for the screen and form factor.
The Following User Says Thank You to eousphoros For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 5,446
 
4,881 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eousphoros

Correlation != causation, just because these devices and have touchwiz does not by that data alone mean that touchwiz is what drives those sales.

I personally bought this tablet solely for the screen and form factor.

I did not imply that at all...............

The OP was generalising "we all know" as being the majority of users......

I implied that the overwhelming majority are happy with the product as it is "out of the box", that includes TW !! Why on else do they have hundreds of millions of returning customers............... Most people I know are "Average Joe" and are not interested in anything except what is working out of the box. "Average Joes" are who make Samsung the $$.

They have tried various developer devices with "pure" Android, such as SGS4 Google Play Edition (test the market), bottom line is that it just doesn't sell "Average Joe" wants a full featured skinned device, not a skimmed down OS version.

Customizations found on the net and installable from Google Play etc aren't even considered by companies as big as Samsung. They build for the masses, not the minority niche market. That's why we have XDA and such for minority, and that includes myself
Last edited by UpInTheAir; 24th August 2014 at 11:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to UpInTheAir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #10  
thunderwagn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Loveland, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 160
 
295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Agreed. I guess i don't know how bad TouchWiz really is lol. I like the blues. I like the greens, and i like the functionality the launcher offers. .. also i think Samsung did a great job with TouchWiz on the tab s. Bit of a head scratcher to me why you buy a $500 device with functionality you don't like, and just assuming everyone else feels the same way.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Last edited by thunderwagn; 24th August 2014 at 04:21 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes