Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,795 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dual boot windows ce to enjoy all windows application ?

Tip us?

ilphrin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dual boot windows ce to enjoy all windows application ?

Hi all

I heard about windows rt and windows 8 on tablets and phones.

My goal is to find a way (if there's one) to enjoy windows app, games (oldest ones) and compatibility (on my tab s if available).

Windows 8 cannot be on arm so I forgot him.

After I heard about windows rt. The problems are : 1 you can only have the os when you have the machine sold with 2: you can only install apps from the store so the compatibility is broken.

Finally I heard about windows ce who can be on arm if you buy the licence. I searched but I doesn't found any 'windows store' or incompatibility
with .exe. (most people are using on x86 devices )

Thanks for answers and if windows ce cannot be used like a native windows I would be happy to know why (Im pretty sure It can't but i hope)

Ilphrin

kenkiller
Old
Thanks Meter 444
Do you have any idea how limited Windows CE is? It cannot run ANYTHING at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to kenkiller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sku||
Old
Thanks Meter 15
you can also install win 95 or xp

fletch33
Old
Thanks Meter 269
if only we could have Vista

anyway this stuff almost always requires root and kernel tweaks etc.. also the OS you want to run has to have been made to run on our architecture at some point or you have to run it inside a VM.

i have done a bunch with Linux distros over the years and those are much easier than Windows and still it has never developed to be enjoyable to use.

best option is to find an app that does what you liked in Windows since you should find most things these days.