FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Stuck in download mode.

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By USMC-rah, Junior Member on 2nd August 2014, 06:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My tab 10.5 got stuck in download mode. I was trying to use JOdin, being that i'm on a mac.

I booted the tab into recovery via terminal and then attempted to use JOdin.

Once I started, I got an error saying I needed a PIT file, so it told me to restart my tablet and try again, the problem is, I cant restart it.
its stuck in download and I cant pop the battery out, of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to USMC-rah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift USMC-rah Ad-Free

2nd August 2014, 07:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I don't know the answer myself but maybe someone will help. I wonder what happens if the tablet is left on to let the battery run out. When it runs out and is recharged again and you power it on will it start at the boot screen and allow you to get into download mode or continue being stuck?

Someone else on these forums said to hold the POWER button, VOL - button and HOME together to exit download mode... for about 8 to 10 seconds. Does that work for you or is it completely stuck?
The Following User Says Thank You to win81-64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift win81-64 Ad-Free
2nd August 2014, 08:34 PM |#3  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by win81-64

Someone else on these forums said to hold the POWER button, VOL - button and HOME together to exit download mode... for about 8 to 10 seconds. Does that work for you or is it completely stuck?

For me it worked, i.e. it ends Download Mode. But it reboots rhight away again into Download Mode. So the only way to get out of it is to flash using Odin.

I think it is caused bei Knox. You can one-click-disable Knox bei SuperSu App.

Before knowing the key combination, I did a full run down in Download Mode. Took approx 30h from 80% charge.
3rd August 2014, 12:19 AM |#4  
Flag KL
Thanks Meter: 1,146

More
just press the download mode button combination... in the start of the download mode it will ask you a question to press down to cancel (reboot to system) or press up to enter download mode.... just press down... your device will reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to edan1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift edan1979 Ad-Free
25th October 2015, 04:50 PM |#5  
Flag Shegaon
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
Press and hold Home+vol down+Power
25th October 2015, 11:03 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,418

Donate to Me
More
It rebooted to download mode because you used the key combo to reboot back to download mode.
Next time to reset the device hold POWER + VOL DOWN only.
No idea why people keep posting the wrong key combo for reset, I've posted it a thousand times already.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ashyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ashyx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)