Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Galaxy Tab S bootloader not accessible help!

OP noob2112

5th September 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Hi, i successfully rooted my Galaxy tab s 8.4 with the root method discussed on the development
section. I am using a stock rom. the tablet runs fine with the OS. I decided to try a custom rom.
I have tried everything to get into bootloader, the power button with the volume keys gets me to
the "downloading target the android guy logo. I do not get the screen that gives me the options
to select recovery, bootloader or reboot screen. I have all the drivers installed. fast boot fails.
I dont know what else to. I have tried loading thru TWRPa rom and i get a sig verification.
i have heard what an ADB sodeload but not sure if that will help. Any recommendations would
be appreciated.

thanks!
5th September 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #2  
skeeterpro's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 134
 
919 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob2112

Hi, i successfully rooted my Galaxy tab s 8.4 with the root method discussed on the development
section. I am using a stock rom. the tablet runs fine with the OS. I decided to try a custom rom.
I have tried everything to get into bootloader, the power button with the volume keys gets me to
the "downloading target the android guy logo. I do not get the screen that gives me the options
to select recovery, bootloader or reboot screen. I have all the drivers installed. fast boot fails.
I dont know what else to. I have tried loading thru TWRPa rom and i get a sig verification.
i have heard what an ADB sodeload but not sure if that will help. Any recommendations would
be appreciated.

thanks!

Have you tried this? It's worked for me twice on soft bricks.

HTH
5th September 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterpro

Have you tried this? It's worked for me twice on soft bricks.

HTH


I tried that. thank you for offering. I an not stuck in a bootloop. I can get right to the OS and it runs fine. But I have
no access at all to the bootloader. I have no clue what to do.
5th September 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #4  
CrashTestDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 855
 
656 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob2112

I tried that. thank you for offering. I an not stuck in a bootloop. I can get right to the OS and it runs fine. But I have
no access at all to the bootloader. I have no clue what to do.

tried this yet?

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
29th October 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
I have the same problem, I'm trying to simply get fastboot access to install CWM instead of TWRP. bootloader command in adb does absolutely nothing, just reboots into the OS. Also, running quickboot with root permission does the same thing. The bootloader just seems to be gone, but the tablet works flawlessly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes