Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Tab S bootloader not accessible help!

OP noob2112

5th September 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi, i successfully rooted my Galaxy tab s 8.4 with the root method discussed on the development
section. I am using a stock rom. the tablet runs fine with the OS. I decided to try a custom rom.
I have tried everything to get into bootloader, the power button with the volume keys gets me to
the "downloading target the android guy logo. I do not get the screen that gives me the options
to select recovery, bootloader or reboot screen. I have all the drivers installed. fast boot fails.
I dont know what else to. I have tried loading thru TWRPa rom and i get a sig verification.
i have heard what an ADB sodeload but not sure if that will help. Any recommendations would
be appreciated.

thanks!
5th September 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #2  
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 135

918 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob2112

Hi, i successfully rooted my Galaxy tab s 8.4 with the root method discussed on the development
section. I am using a stock rom. the tablet runs fine with the OS. I decided to try a custom rom.
I have tried everything to get into bootloader, the power button with the volume keys gets me to
the "downloading target the android guy logo. I do not get the screen that gives me the options
to select recovery, bootloader or reboot screen. I have all the drivers installed. fast boot fails.
I dont know what else to. I have tried loading thru TWRPa rom and i get a sig verification.
i have heard what an ADB sodeload but not sure if that will help. Any recommendations would
be appreciated.

thanks!

Have you tried this? It's worked for me twice on soft bricks.

HTH
5th September 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterpro

Have you tried this? It's worked for me twice on soft bricks.

HTH

I tried that. thank you for offering. I an not stuck in a bootloop. I can get right to the OS and it runs fine. But I have
no access at all to the bootloader. I have no clue what to do.
5th September 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 882

695 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob2112

I tried that. thank you for offering. I an not stuck in a bootloop. I can get right to the OS and it runs fine. But I have
no access at all to the bootloader. I have no clue what to do.

tried this yet?

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
29th October 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
I have the same problem, I'm trying to simply get fastboot access to install CWM instead of TWRP. bootloader command in adb does absolutely nothing, just reboots into the OS. Also, running quickboot with root permission does the same thing. The bootloader just seems to be gone, but the tablet works flawlessly.
5th December 2014, 04:04 AM   |  #6  
Flag Cebu

5 posts
More
Same problem with mine.

My Galaxy Tab S 8.4 was bought from HK.
17th December 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #7  

3 posts
Same here. Sadly there is no option to use fastboot with this device. The only solution is to flash via Odin.

Cheers
21st December 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #8  
Flag Phuket, Thailand
Thanks Meter: 5,524

4,917 posts
More
reboot download * NOT * reboot bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to UpInTheAir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread