Heat - 8.4

OP sparhawk6

8th July 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 39

581 posts
More
Has anyone noticed a lot of heat in the back top right corner (when holding in portrait mode)? My 8.4 is really heating up during normal use (flipboard, Twitter, browsing) in that area. It's getting to the point of being uncomfortable.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
8th July 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
I haven't noticed any problem with heat on my 8.4. I haven't done a lot of intensive video streaming with the tablet yet, so don't know if it will be an issue then or not. I'll report back if there is.
8th July 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City, UT
Thanks Meter: 39

581 posts
More
I'm wondering if it occurs when the screen brightness is at max. I was in direct sunlight for a while and Lux moved the brightness to 100%.
8th July 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

11 posts
I'll try that later today and see if I can replicate the heat issue. For now, I'm more concerned with the lag…but that's a whole different discussion
8th July 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #5  
Flag Kent, uk
Thanks Meter: 152

1,004 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6

Has anyone noticed a lot of heat in the back top right corner (when holding in portrait mode)? My 8.4 is really heating up during normal use (flipboard, Twitter, browsing) in that area. It's getting to the point of being uncomfortable.

Mines the same. Doesn't seem to get as warm now, although I may just be used to it.

8th July 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 18

53 posts
More
I always leave my 8.4 tab s at max 60% brightness and I only notice a slight warmth on the back. It is never too warm or hot enough to be uncomfortable.
9th July 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 13

70 posts
Often it's a process that is stuck, most often I find 'samsung.index.service' causes a lot of heat, and it often can drain the battery too.

Try using a battery monitor to check what is using the battery, and how much heat.... I like GSAM Battery Monitor to keep an eye on such things.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread