Intermittent WiFi Dropouts?

Search This thread

CliffyP

Jul 12, 2011
Christiansburg
I got a Tab S 10.5 a few weeks ago as a replacement for my Nexus 10. Overall, I feel like the Tab S is head and shoulders above the Nexus - but I've had some strange issues. I've had the wifi signal intermittently stop responding - it seems to be more prevalent on my 5GHz network using 802.11ac speeds but I've experienced it at standard 2.4GHz connections as well.

I haven't rooted the tablet yet. I thought at first it might be my wireless network as I hadn't used any other devices that were 'ac' capable even though I have a pair of Netgear R6300V2 routers bridged across my home. However, these wifi signal dropouts persist only on the Tab S - if I turn wifi off, then back on, connectivity is restored. My Galaxy S4, Chromecast, PC, DVR, all stay online just fine.

Has anyone else had this issue? I got my Tab S with the Samsung Book Cover - which I love, but it almost seems like it happens when I hold the Tab a certain way.

Thanks for anyone who can give any feedback.

Sent from my SM-T800

CliffyP

Jul 12, 2011
Christiansburg
Yes, I have used Sidesync. I disabled remote notifications, but occasionally still get a pop-up that remote notifications are enabled even if I haven't used sidesync in days.

Sent from my SM-T800

urself25

Nov 22, 2009
Gatineau
I too suffered wifi drop-out and Bluetooth issues. Following this thread (http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s/general/heads-sidesync-bt-wi-fi-bug-t2828911) I realized that there is a problem with SideSync. Even when not connected it sitll tries to communicate with the tablet and affects the wireless components. I removed Sidesync from my Note II and clear the data from SideSync on the tablet and for the past week I have not ahd any issue with Wifi or Bluetooth.

pgj99

Oct 24, 2009
Thanks. Side Sync Sux.

Brilliant. Thanks. I was having a big problem with 2.4ghz wifi. I though there must have been some interference. 5g was fine. Tried chaining channel and all sorts. Would have thought it was my router but I have two with same prob just on 2.4ghz. It was happening to my phone and tablet, but then noticed only when the table was connected to wifi. Just disabled Side Sync and now the wifi is blazing.