Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 45,032 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issue with "Adaptive Display" mode and cable streaming app.

Tip us?

SysAdmNj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 182
Default Issue with "Adaptive Display" mode and cable streaming app.

So I tried my cable tv streaming app and when it was in "Adaptive Display" mode it would not completely buffer and would just stutter. I was ready to take it back until I searched around and found this mode set so I changed it to "AMOLED Cinema" mode and that helped alot. Any found my similar issue?

xRevilatioNx
Old
Thanks Meter 100
As I said in a previous thread . Youtube and Netflix have been optimized for this device. So the picture is going to be amazing. It's other streaming and video services that may suffer. Such as my Xfinity Go App and Crackle. Anything black gets extreme Pixelation and ghosting. It's horrible
Looking for free cloud storage? Sign up under my Dropbox referral link and we'll both get 500 MB of bonus space: http://db.tt/pgIIvF5w [After signing up don't forget to install Dropbox on your computer and login or none of us will get the bonus.]

~THE TRANSFORMER INFINITY -- THE NEXT TRANSFORMATION~

toyanucci
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Stuttering has nothing to do with the display mode though...

I was streaming from my synology nas last night and it stuttered horribly. I have been travelling for about a month and streaming was fine with my previous device, but before assuming it was the tab style at fault, I did some investigating. It appears my neighbor above me in my complex got Internet while I was away and his router is on the same channel as mine (11). If I'm in the same room as the router speed tests are awewome, go 12 feet in any direction and his signal somehow causes speeds to crawl. I was using the cable company's router. So, I took out my old dlink router, set it up to be wireless n only greenfield 40, disable the wireless on the cable company's all in one unit and all is well again. The same file that stuttered in my room at 90 kbps, is now streaming fine and downloads at 40 mbps if I set it to download instead of streaming.

I say all that to say, sometimes the issue isn't as it appears.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

I do however have an issue with the display. My issue is the color warmth. Human skin comes off way more orange than it should. Compared to my MacBook pro, LG TV and even my Note 3 this presents a huge problem especially when viewing photographs. Editing photos is an even bigger task as you will over compensate for the display's skewing of the colors. I am anxiously awaiting root so I can adjust the tint myself.