FORUMS

XPrivacy for Android Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Have you ever been on the Google Play Store and saw an app that you wanted to … more

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] MHL to HDMI adapter

19th April 2015, 07:30 PM |#31  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwaxer

From what I've been reading it seems Chromecast doesn't seem to work with screen mirroring and can experience lag with video. Any experience of this? I'm looking to find a good TV streaming experience.

In general, Chromecast works very well. I don't have any problems with lag, but that will depend on what you're streaming and the quality of your connection. The main problem with Chromecast is that it doesn't usually work in situations where you have internet through a wi-fi hotspot, e.g. in a hotel room. In those cases, the tablet or phone is generally walled off from the Chromecast device and they can't see each other. In addition, the Chromecast doesn't have the ability to work with a wifi signon through a web page. In those situations, your best bet is to use an MHL adapter.

There are ways to make a Chromecast work in a hotel, but they are complicated and will require a travel router to provide the wifi connection.

19th April 2015, 08:15 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 352

More
I have no use for screen mirroring and can't really think of a situation as to why I would want to with my chromecast. Everything I play internet or local is direct to the chromecast.
However having said that I have tried it with no problems with lag.
I think the chromecast is great for streaming music to from YouTube through my av receiver.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hdmi, mhl
Previous Thread Next Thread