FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[Q] MHL to HDMI adapter

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By thefunkie1, Junior Member on 2nd July 2014, 12:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th April 2015, 07:30 PM |#31  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwaxer

From what I've been reading it seems Chromecast doesn't seem to work with screen mirroring and can experience lag with video. Any experience of this? I'm looking to find a good TV streaming experience.

In general, Chromecast works very well. I don't have any problems with lag, but that will depend on what you're streaming and the quality of your connection. The main problem with Chromecast is that it doesn't usually work in situations where you have internet through a wi-fi hotspot, e.g. in a hotel room. In those cases, the tablet or phone is generally walled off from the Chromecast device and they can't see each other. In addition, the Chromecast doesn't have the ability to work with a wifi signon through a web page. In those situations, your best bet is to use an MHL adapter.

There are ways to make a Chromecast work in a hotel, but they are complicated and will require a travel router to provide the wifi connection.

19th April 2015, 08:15 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 768

More
I have no use for screen mirroring and can't really think of a situation as to why I would want to with my chromecast. Everything I play internet or local is direct to the chromecast.
However having said that I have tried it with no problems with lag.
I think the chromecast is great for streaming music to from YouTube through my av receiver.
27th June 2015, 01:07 PM |#33  
austin
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Which MHL specification Do T700 and/or T800 Support? MHL 3? And, to be really specific, is ANYONE actually getting 1080P display on the external monitor/panel, and if so, which of these myriad cables and/or adapters are you using?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hdmi, mhl
Previous Thread Next Thread