16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By thefunkie1, Junior Member on 2nd July 2014, 01:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th April 2015, 08:30 PM |#31  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 84
Originally Posted by darkwaxer

From what I've been reading it seems Chromecast doesn't seem to work with screen mirroring and can experience lag with video. Any experience of this? I'm looking to find a good TV streaming experience.

In general, Chromecast works very well. I don't have any problems with lag, but that will depend on what you're streaming and the quality of your connection. The main problem with Chromecast is that it doesn't usually work in situations where you have internet through a wi-fi hotspot, e.g. in a hotel room. In those cases, the tablet or phone is generally walled off from the Chromecast device and they can't see each other. In addition, the Chromecast doesn't have the ability to work with a wifi signon through a web page. In those situations, your best bet is to use an MHL adapter.

There are ways to make a Chromecast work in a hotel, but they are complicated and will require a travel router to provide the wifi connection.
19th April 2015, 09:15 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 1,731
I have no use for screen mirroring and can't really think of a situation as to why I would want to with my chromecast. Everything I play internet or local is direct to the chromecast.
However having said that I have tried it with no problems with lag.
I think the chromecast is great for streaming music to from YouTube through my av receiver.
27th June 2015, 02:07 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 19
Which MHL specification Do T700 and/or T800 Support? MHL 3? And, to be really specific, is ANYONE actually getting 1080P display on the external monitor/panel, and if so, which of these myriad cables and/or adapters are you using?
3rd September 2015, 08:53 AM |#34  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 6

Is there any chance to just buy a compatible hdmi - mhl cable and make it work without any adapter? Maybe then it will charge. I read that for our tablet we need 11 pin mhl and normal is 5 pin. Any idea?
7th September 2015, 12:29 PM |#35  
Chromecast works perfect for screen mirroring on s6 edge. You can teather off your phone to chromecast and screen mirror without using any teathering data

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
9th September 2015, 12:55 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 9
This one works with my 10.5. But no matter which one you buy, it'll have black bars down each side of the TV screen.
16th October 2015, 12:03 AM |#37  
Tricky Subject, hope this helps
HML devices can be a bit tricky. Let me try to explain briefly.

1. Samsung devices use an 11-pin micro-USB port. Make sure that the MHL cable that you purchase has this 11-pin plug. All of the galaxy line devices are MHL compatible machines, but check to make sure that your device is MHL compatible if you aren't certain.

2. There are (2) types of MHL cords, passive and active. They cord that is the most versatile is the passive type. Passive cords will have a USB or micro USB port on them in order for you to plug in a third party charger. I recommend using the charger that came with your device so that you are certain to get the correct Amperage to your device to keep it charged. The active type will use the television (or HDMI input device) to charge the phone/tablet. Active MHL cords will ONLY work with MHL compatible televisions, therefore making it less versatile. Whereas a passive cord will work with any device that has an HDMI input port.

I use the AiBOCN 11-pin micro USB cord. It works with my Galaxy Note 3 and my Galaxy Tab S. It gives me true 1080P display (25MHZ - 75MHZ) and 8 channel digital surround sound with no visible lag time. I like this cord because it has a 6.5 foot range for both the phone/tablet device as well as for the charger, meaning that I can be 6.5feet away from my TV and using my phone, and the nearest outlet can be 6.5feet away in the opposite direction to use for charging. I can also use my televisions remote control to access content on my phone. It was around $8 on amazon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

hdmi, mhl

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread