FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

Secondary Charger

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By xmilar, Junior Member on 7th January 2015, 06:36 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there any charge cables or adapters out there that are not genuine Samsung that will charge the Tab S properly? It seems like the only way I can get a normal charge is using the wall adapter and cable it came with. I have tried 3 different after market cables and 3 different wall adapters that don't seem to work with the Tab S. Are these wall adapter or cables just not putting out enough power?

7th January 2015, 10:07 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Not really, I haven't found anything that will charge it properly except it's original charger. The sad thing is, the original charger is not widely sold. Something Samsung has been struggling with.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using XDA Free mobile app
7th January 2015, 07:51 PM |#3  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 54

More
This is MHL compliant. 2Ah, 5,3V. Most newer chargers for tablets do that. Including those cheepo ones from China. I have several of those (some multi USB chargers) which work well on the Tab S.
13th January 2015, 07:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Staples near me was closing down, I got an original Samsung 2 Amp travel charger for 3 bucks, normally $23.00 marked down to $9.00 and when they rang it up at the register it came up as $3.00. I agree any 2 Amp 5.3 V charger should work to charge the Tab S.
6th May 2015, 04:33 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sorry to bump an old thread but has anyone else had luck with aftermarket chargers?
9th May 2015, 07:24 PM |#6  
Flag South Shields, England
Thanks Meter: 182

More
I have the 10.5" , I have a usb power meter and it shows my original charger charges my tablet at up to 1800ma , not bad for a 2000 ma charger, I have tried a couple of other third-part chargers they are rated at 2000ma + and they only charge my tab at 1000ma , but my Nokia 1020 charger that is 1500ma charges my tab at 1400ma so that is very good for that charger, it`s an Nokia AC60X , I wonder if Nokia does an 2000ma version of this charger.

John.

EDIT: If you are in the UK you get a genuine replacement for only 9.99 and free delivery from the website below, scamadviser says it`s an legit website.

http://www.buytec.co.uk/samsung-gala...ter-1889-p.asp

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/buytec.co.uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmilar

Sorry to bump an old thread but has anyone else had luck with aftermarket chargers?

Last edited by Tinderbox (UK); 9th May 2015 at 08:04 PM.
10th May 2015, 12:35 AM |#7  
Statesville, NC
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I installed 2 110v recepticles, one on each side of the bed, that each have 2 USB connections. The USB plugs on it are rated for 2 amps each. Using the factory charging cable these things work great. Both mine and my wife's charge just fine using them.

Also have a 5v 2 amp USB wall wart that came with an ecig battery and it works fine too.
10th May 2015, 11:06 AM |#8  

More
Do you know the make and model number? , they sound very handy to have.

Thanks

John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhthemi

I installed 2 110v recepticles, one on each side of the bed, that each have 2 USB connections. The USB plugs on it are rated for 2 amps each. Using the factory charging cable these things work great. Both mine and my wife's charge just fine using them.

Also have a 5v 2 amp USB wall wart that came with an ecig battery and it works fine too.

10th May 2015, 03:59 PM |#9  
Statesville, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderbox (UK)

Do you know the make and model number? , they sound very handy to have.

Thanks

John.

Nope I sure don't but I did buy them a Lowe's at about 19.00 each. They have one 110V outlet and two USB ports. I have also seen a device you just plug into your existing outlet that will give you 2 USB and 2 110V outlets but I don't know how they are rated for current. Just make sure what you buy is rated at 2Amps for EACH USB port or 4+amps total.

I love mine! Charge the S10.5 and the Galaxy S4 every night on it!
10th May 2015, 04:09 PM |#10  

More
Is this the one, the only one i can find on the site.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_369050-63374...1&Ntt=usb+wall

John.

QUOTE=flhthemi;60653149]Nope I sure don't but I did buy them a Lowe's at about 19.00 each. They have one 110V outlet and two USB ports. I have also seen a device you just plug into your existing outlet that will give you 2 USB and 2 110V outlets but I don't know how they are rated for current. Just make sure what you buy is rated at 2Amps for EACH USB port or 4+amps total.

I love mine! Charge the S10.5 and the Galaxy S4 every night on it![/QUOTE]
11th May 2015, 01:21 PM |#11  
Statesville, NC

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderbox (UK)

Is this the one, the only one i can find on the site.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_369050-63374...1&Ntt=usb+wall

John.

QUOTE=flhthemi;60653149]Nope I sure don't but I did buy them a Lowe's at about 19.00 each. They have one 110V outlet and two USB ports. I have also seen a device you just plug into your existing outlet that will give you 2 USB and 2 110V outlets but I don't know how they are rated for current. Just make sure what you buy is rated at 2Amps for EACH USB port or 4+amps total.

I love mine! Charge the S10.5 and the Galaxy S4 every night on it!

[/QUOTE]

Nope that is a plug into the existing outlet type of thing. Mine was a replacement receptacle. I looked at Lowe's and Home Depot sites and could not find one that was rated at 2 amps for each USB port. 3.6 Amps was the best I could do. I know the one I bought is rated for 4.2 amps overall as this was the very reason I bought it! Pretty sure it came from Lowe's or Home Depot they're the only two places in town. I do know that I didn't find it online. I remember being in the store and looking at every one they had and reading the specs on each box and I found the ones I have so I scarfed them up as soon as I saw they were rated for 4.2 amps.

BUT - That one you found should be fine and save you from having to hard wire it. Just remember, only one port is optimized for 2.1 amps! I have to go to Lowe's today so I might pick one up for the kitchen as my wife uses an old Toshiba tablet for recipes and that would be convenient for her.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread