Originally Posted by rkoforever90
Iam confused on which tab to get ,since both are priced similar in the U.K , also this will be my first tablet . few questions i have is
1. Is the AMOLED display of tab s significantly better than that of Note 10.1.( iam impressed by the display of note 10.1 but hadnt used tab s)
2.does the extra 0.4 inch of tab s make any difference?
3.is S-pen really useful productivity tool.
4.Which one is overall a better tablet(VFM).
I had a note 10.1 2014 till it fell and the screen broke. I replaced it with the 10.5 tab s.
1. Yes, the amoled display is significantly better and nothing compares to it. Watching movies on the note annoyed me because if you weren't at the PERFECT angle, then parts of the image looked slightly washed out compared to the rest of the screen, if not viewing dead on you have the same annoying issue which is compounded by the back light being on on lcd's so the blacks are dark grey and they exhibit the same washed out look if not viewing the screen dead on. Amoled screens don't have either of those issues, even in extreme viewing angles the image on screen is the same as viewing dead on, and the deep blacks are awesome as the pixels are not lit and this alone would have made me upgrade even if my note wasn't destroyed.
2. The screen size difference is negligible and I don't notice a difference really.
3. The S Pen is a very good tool for those who use it. I have a note 3 and don't the s pen with it, but on the tablet I used to use it a lot for school. Note taking on the tablet with an app named Papyrus was very convenient and that is the only thing that I will miss dearly from the note tablet (I'll be so pissed if they announce a Note S before the end of the year)
4. Overall, for the price, I'd have to give it to the Tab s. It's slightly bigger, way better screen, thinner, lighter and has much better battery life. I'll check out getting a stylus later on when school resumes but for now, the Tab s wins.
Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk