Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Odin FAIL

30th August 2014, 11:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi guys,
I've just rooted my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and I'm trying to flash in a firmware downloaded from Sammobile, I've tried to use Odin 3.07 and 3.09 but in both always appears to me a FAIL message, I've tried to plug and unplug the tablet from my pc many times but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed all the instructions I found but nothing happens.
30th August 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 6

31 posts
More
Have you tried to re-downloading the rom and trying again? Check if your drivers are installed correctly and the only thing I would suggest is downloading the same tab s rom but like a UK version or..
30th August 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ

Have you tried to re-downloading the rom and trying again? Check if your drivers are installed correctly and the only thing I would suggest is downloading the same tab s rom but like a UK version or..

Which is the best country FW with italian language support? I'm trying to upload the new FW with the same pc I've used to root my Tab S.
30th August 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #4  
Flag Alba
Thanks Meter: 325

1,113 posts
More
Regarding the odin fail. I have 3 usb ports on my laptop but only 1 works for me when using odin. Maybe you could try a different port?
3rd September 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 3

34 posts
More
do you got kies running i reinstall my note 2 did fail too but i find i got kies running in background uninstall that crap now i just samsung drive left for it
5th September 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #6  
Flag Irvine, CA
Thanks Meter: 4

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garby81

Hi guys,
I've just rooted my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and I'm trying to flash in a firmware downloaded from Sammobile, I've tried to use Odin 3.07 and 3.09 but in both always appears to me a FAIL message, I've tried to plug and unplug the tablet from my pc many times but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed all the instructions I found but nothing happens.

Not to sound repetitive of what others have already suggested, but there is definitely logic in re-downloading a ROM in that some downloads get accidentally corrupted in the transfer process. Hence the purpose of the md5 validity check. Also, in searching for Samsung usb drivers for the sm-t800 I came across at least 3 bundles having different drivers and quantities within them. The 1st one recognized the tablet but not Odin. The 2nd one recognized both, but Odin kept failing. Needless to say that after the 1st two bundles didn't work I thought that I had not followed the instructions carefully. That I had done something wrong, so I kept trying with those same crappy drivers again and again until someone suggested I try to download them again. I realized I hadn't tried the 3rd bundle yet. When I did, everything worked great.
In other words, never be reluctant when things fail, to try a different approach or to start all over again from scratch.
Hope this helps.
Last edited by Hal Seaman; 5th September 2014 at 09:07 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Tab S Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank