Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,934 Members 37,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Odin FAIL

Tip us?

Garby81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Odin FAIL

Hi guys,
I've just rooted my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and I'm trying to flash in a firmware downloaded from Sammobile, I've tried to use Odin 3.07 and 3.09 but in both always appears to me a FAIL message, I've tried to plug and unplug the tablet from my pc many times but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed all the instructions I found but nothing happens.

DUHAsianSKILLZ
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Have you tried to re-downloading the rom and trying again? Check if your drivers are installed correctly and the only thing I would suggest is downloading the same tab s rom but like a UK version or..

Garby81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHAsianSKILLZ View Post
Have you tried to re-downloading the rom and trying again? Check if your drivers are installed correctly and the only thing I would suggest is downloading the same tab s rom but like a UK version or..
Which is the best country FW with italian language support? I'm trying to upload the new FW with the same pc I've used to root my Tab S.

killall
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Regarding the odin fail. I have 3 usb ports on my laptop but only 1 works for me when using odin. Maybe you could try a different port?
i9505 - Stock 4.4.2 / N7 FLO - CleanRom 2.6 / Chromecast - Eureka 2.0
Quote:
A hacker to me is someone creative who does wonderful things.......Tim Berners-Lee

linkhunter
Old
Thanks Meter 3
do you got kies running i reinstall my note 2 did fail too but i find i got kies running in background uninstall that crap now i just samsung drive left for it

Hal Seaman
Old
(Last edited by Hal Seaman; 5th September 2014 at 09:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garby81 View Post
Hi guys,
I've just rooted my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and I'm trying to flash in a firmware downloaded from Sammobile, I've tried to use Odin 3.07 and 3.09 but in both always appears to me a FAIL message, I've tried to plug and unplug the tablet from my pc many times but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed all the instructions I found but nothing happens.
Not to sound repetitive of what others have already suggested, but there is definitely logic in re-downloading a ROM in that some downloads get accidentally corrupted in the transfer process. Hence the purpose of the md5 validity check. Also, in searching for Samsung usb drivers for the sm-t800 I came across at least 3 bundles having different drivers and quantities within them. The 1st one recognized the tablet but not Odin. The 2nd one recognized both, but Odin kept failing. Needless to say that after the 1st two bundles didn't work I thought that I had not followed the instructions carefully. That I had done something wrong, so I kept trying with those same crappy drivers again and again until someone suggested I try to download them again. I realized I hadn't tried the 3rd bundle yet. When I did, everything worked great.
In other words, never be reluctant when things fail, to try a different approach or to start all over again from scratch.
Hope this helps.
Phone: HTC One M8
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S, SM-T800
TWRP chagallwifi 2.7.1.1, ThunderRom800 V2.0
Tablet: ASUS TF700
TWRP 2.6.3.11, CROMBi-kk 20140810