Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4k - UHD video playback on SGTS

Tip us?

AYAMY
Old
(Last edited by AYAMY; 17th July 2014 at 05:01 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4k - UHD video playback on SGTS

Hi everybody,
I have a question.... I have a Galaxy Note 3 and I have recorded some videos in 4k to see how they work on my new Galaxy tab S
but the stock video player can't open these videos and the only player on the market that runs these videos is MX player but the video frame rate is poor and the audio is out of sync....
Could you tell me a video player or a way to convert UHD video from my Note 3 to the Galaxy Tab S ?
Thanks

fanistic
Old
Thanks Meter 12
SGTS can neither record nor play 4k videos as its not a 4k tablet.
The Following User Says Thank You to fanistic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AYAMY
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The SGTS can't record UHD and It can't play 1:1 4K video ... and this is obvious because its screen is not UHD ... but My question was:
There is a way to play smoothly UHD video with this tablet? with a specific player or with a converter (pc side)

dcaplinger76
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYAMY View Post
The SGTS can't record UHD and It can't play 1:1 4K video ... and this is obvious because its screen is not UHD ... but My question was:
There is a way to play smoothly UHD video with this tablet? with a specific player or with a converter (pc side)
How does that work then? My Note 3 is not UHD and it plays the 4k videos it records just fine, at a lower resolution obviously

AYAMY
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaplinger76 View Post
How does that work then? My Note 3 is not UHD and it plays the 4k videos it records just fine, at a lower resolution obviously
"it doesn't play 1:1 4K" means exactly what you have wrote... The display of Note 3 is "only" Full Hd ..and the SGN3 downscales the UHD content to the native panel resolution... I think... or I Wish that SGST could use the same way with 4K / UHD videos... but till today the only player that runs UHD video on SGTS is MX player but the video aren't smooth..

doubledeckersoulwrecker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default UHD Videos...

The UHD Videos from my S5 worked on my Tab Pro 8.4 but don't work on my Tab S 8.4..... I'm starting to like this tablet less and less..