Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Performance?

OP FTMDan

30th June 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
191 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
How is the performance on the 8.4 with Touchwiz? I was looking at getting a Nexus 7 because I'm a huge fan of the vanilla Android feel and how responsive it is but I think 7" would be a bit too small for me, but I am a bit reluctant to bite the bullet on the Tab S in case Touchwiz ends up bogging things down.
30th June 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #2  
xRevilatioNx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
832 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
The TouchWiz is much more refined in this iteration. It's a much more enjoyable experience. The UI is more simple in design. You can also disable most of it. (but not all of it) People are also going to Nova Launcher if they want Android in its most native form.
Last edited by xRevilatioNx; 1st July 2014 at 12:22 AM.
30th June 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #3  
mitchellvii's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,229
 
5,430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Seems snappy to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchellvii For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #4  
qngds's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 9
 
125 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
More
Nexus 7 vs Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMDan

How is the performance on the 8.4 with Touchwiz? I was looking at getting a Nexus 7 because I'm a huge fan of the vanilla Android feel and how responsive it is but I think 7" would be a bit too small for me, but I am a bit reluctant to bite the bullet on the Tab S in case Touchwiz ends up bogging things down.

I have both. I got the 8.4 to replace my older version of Note 10.1 (wanted something lighter to hold for reading Wall Street Journal and magazines. I keep the Nexus 7 in my purse, and am hoping the 8.4 is small enough to carry in lieu of the 7 (I received the 8.4 about an hour ago lol. I prefer CM 11 over Touchwiz, but I'll be content to wait it out. It's definitely faster than the Nexus 7. I'll still use it in the car for movies, podcasts etc.

Hope this helps.
1st July 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #5  
SysAdmNj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183
 
2,048 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRevilatioNx

The TouchWiz is much more refined in this iteration. It's a much more enjoyable experience. The UI is more simple in design. You can also disable most of it. (but not all of it) People are also going to Nova Launcher if they want Android in its most native form.

Wondering if nova launcher improves performance and battery life?
3rd July 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #6  
craigels's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag limerick
Thanks Meter: 9
 
325 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysAdmNj

Wondering if nova launcher improves performance and battery life?

I would like to know also

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app
4th July 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #7  
mitchellvii's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,229
 
5,430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigels

I would like to know also

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app

Seems to improve performance. No idea on battery life.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes