Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,531 Members 51,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 64GB Mico SD card issue and faint lines in dark areas.

Tip us?

Slkart
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 64GB Mico SD card issue and faint lines in dark areas.

So the first issue I had with my new Tab S is that the files on my 64GB sandisk kept disappearing until I re insert or reboot the device. I am now using a 32GB sandisk with no issues but the strange part is I've been using the 64GB in my Note 8 and never had a problem. The second thing I'm noticing is 2 dark vertical lines while watching movies that have dark scenes. I am used to all my tablets having some minor screen issue but I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this. You can really see it in dark blue backgrounds like the settings menu. Everything else about this tablet is great!

pgibbons
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slkart View Post
So the first issue I had with my new Tab S is that the files on my 64GB sandisk kept disappearing until I re insert or reboot the device. I am now using a 32GB sandisk with no issues but the strange part is I've been using the 64GB in my Note 8 and never had a problem. The second thing I'm noticing is 2 dark vertical lines while watching movies that have dark scenes. I am used to all my tablets having some minor screen issue but I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this. You can really see it in dark blue backgrounds like the settings menu. Everything else about this tablet is great!
I had a similiar issue with my 8.4 and my 64 GB micro SD card that I noted here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2799399

I haven't had an issue with my SD card files being unreadable since I exchanged it for a new one. The weird thing is on the original one that wasn't working was that it was missing the clear tape around the edges and there were some scratches around the SD slot. The box was sealed and I bought it the first day at Best Buy (6/27) so I don't think it was a re-stock, but it was still weird. Also, the original bad one had a brown picture of the tablet on the front and the 2nd one that I don't have an issue with had a black tablet on the front even though it is still brown.

I haven't noticed any vertical lines though.

Slkart
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Here is the line I'm talking about does it seem like a normal thing related to AMOLED?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	250.6 KB
ID:	2828238  

pgibbons
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slkart View Post
Here is the line I'm talking about does it seem like a normal thing related to AMOLED?
Not sure if all of them are like that, but I have the same thing on my 8.4.

Slkart
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just put in the new 64GB sd card with no issues yet. I'm not to worried about my screen as it's only noticeable in dark rooms in the perfect condition.

xRevilatioNx
Old
Thanks Meter 105
I don't have that screen issue. If I did. That would bother me. It would surely have been returned.
Looking for free cloud storage? Sign up under my Dropbox referral link and we'll both get 500 MB of bonus space: http://db.tt/pgIIvF5w [After signing up don't forget to install Dropbox on your computer and login or none of us will get the bonus.]

~THE TRANSFORMER INFINITY -- THE NEXT TRANSFORMATION~