Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,981 Members 39,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sixaxis with Tab S

Tip us?

maneetb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sixaxis with Tab S

Hi everyone,

I've searched all over but can't find the answer. I've used the sixaxis app on many devices before. It doesn't seem to work on the tab s, and I believe it is because newer Samsung devices are missing a certain Bluetooth protocol.

My goal is to connect two PS3 controllers to the Tab S to play emulated games (nes, snes n64,etc.)

Does anyone have any information on how to get it working? Thanks!

ThE_SoUrCe
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by maneetb View Post
Hi everyone,

I've searched all over but can't find the answer. I've used the sixaxis app on many devices before. It doesn't seem to work on the tab s, and I believe it is because newer Samsung devices are missing a certain Bluetooth protocol.

My goal is to connect two PS3 controllers to the Tab S to play emulated games (nes, snes n64,etc.)

Does anyone have any information on how to get it working? Thanks!

I tried all the tricks I know, to no avail, it's really hard to make it work, unless you're willing to do it 'oldschool' style, wired via OTG.

we managed to do this in samsung tab 3 before, 2 PS3 controllers for 2 player fighting games, dunno, seems like we have bluetooth compatibility issues as the PS3 bluetooth is already outdated.

let's here other chime in

sku||
Old
Thanks Meter 15
what ? sixaxis controller works perfectly on my tab s 10.5 :v no issue . even with wire

better33
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Works on my 8.4 too.. have you tried the compatibility checker first ? It only worked after I used it once

Sent from my SM-T700 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sku||
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by better33 View Post
Works on my 8.4 too.. have you tried the compatibility checker first ? It only worked after I used it once

you dont need to install that app , just set the host IP for the controller and play . that's all

better33
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Well, like I said, didn't work until I tried that. Can't tell why though, never had too before. But I tried it since I remember a while ago, sense and touchwizz used to be not compatible with sixaxis app

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; 2nd September 2014 at 09:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 846

DONATE TO ME
Default screenshots...method...controller type?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sku|| View Post
what ? sixaxis controller works perfectly on my tab s 10.5 :v no issue . even with wire
Quote:

ok, wait...so are both of u guys saying that u have a PS3 controller working through BLUETOOTH with the tab S?! If so then could one of u please provide a screenshot as proof and describe your connection method...did u use the pc program or bond with an otg cable through the sixaxis app then pair and what version of the sixis app are u using? Also..are u using original oem sony controllers or ebay branded ones? :confused
:
@better33
to answer all of the basic questions...yes i'm rooted & yes i've used the app before successfully most recently on the tab pro 8.4 . i really need the above questions i posed to the poster above answered...also as @sku|| suggested i doubt if the compatibility checker helps but yes i've tried that too. Thx for the screenshot though...are u using original sony controllers and more importantly what version of the sixaxis app are u using?

better33
Old
(Last edited by better33; 2nd September 2014 at 09:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Like I said, it wasn't working the first time, so I downloaded the compatibility checker since I remember there used to be issues with touchwizz, and it said it was compatible. I'm using the official ps3 controller. Are you root ?
Forgot to say, I connected the controller on my computer to change the master address and then connected it through Bluetooth
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409689606009.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (35.0 KB, 51 views)

better33
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1 View Post
ok, wait...so are both of u guys saying that u have a PS3 controller working through BLUETOOTH with the tab S?! If so then could one of u please provide a screenshot as proof and describe your connection method...did u use the pc program or bond with an otg cable through the sixaxis app then pair and what version of the sixis app are u using? Also..are u using original oem sony controllers or ebay branded ones? :confused
:
@better33
to answer all of the basic questions...yes i'm rooted & yes i've used the app before successfully most recently on the tab pro 8.4 . i really need the above questions i posed to the poster above answered...also as @sku|| suggested i doubt if the compatibility checker helps but yes i've tried that too. Thx for the screenshot though...are u using original sony controllers and more importantly what version of the sixaxis app are u using?
I'm using the 0.7.4 version, what else do you need?
The Following User Says Thank You to better33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThE_SoUrCe
Old
(Last edited by ThE_SoUrCe; 3rd September 2014 at 02:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Hmm interesting. What rom version are you using? It could be regional issue?

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Like I said, it wasn't working the first time, so I downloaded the compatibility checker since I remember there used to be issues with touchwizz, and it said it was compatible. I'm using the official ps3 controller. Are you root ?
Forgot to say, I connected the controller on my computer to change the master address and then connected it through Bluetooth
Im using 2 official controllers here, one that came with the ps3 that I used on my tab 7.7 with no issues (bluetooth) . And another aftermarker pink controller that I also used with no issues with tab 7.7. Only thing devious and I have in common might be our custom rom which he compiled
I tried connecting it through PC and change the mac address via sixaxis changer. Installed the compatibility checker and eas advised that it's compatible. Bought the sixaxis app. And.. boom. Stuck at 'listening to controllers'. I'll give it a shot once again