Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Are you having issues with the Tab S
Yes - its laggy and not acceptable 20 37.04%
No - its amazing - I'm happy 34 62.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Problems with lag - is this a widespread issue? POLL

Tip us?

reubenskelly1992
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I'm impressed with how quick it is. Basically it's at the same level of smoothness and quickness as my note 10.1 2014 edition was, and that was rooted and customised with a custom rom. Really pleased this one feels as quick before I even root and make it quicker

Sent from my SM-T800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xRevilatioNx
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyredcorn View Post
I did not know that...I thought all Pro models Wifi only or LTE had the snapdragon 800....looks like I might be returning the tablet still to wait for a price drop or to see if a community deveops. I'll tell you what though, screens like this will force the competion to release UDH screens now.

I gotta admitt though, this tablet runs just a smidge faster than my iPad 3rd generation(or iPad 2 w/ retnia). Apple is very good at keeping old hardware up to date...hell, its like 3 years old and I'm sure it's gonna get OS8. We will be lucky to see Android L.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 BEST SCRiEENEVER
Samsung is usually good with updating, up too 24 months, on their premiere devices. I'm sure we'll get to see the L Preview (sometime after it comes out) in the fall.
Looking for free cloud storage? Sign up under my Dropbox referral link and we'll both get 500 MB of bonus space: http://db.tt/pgIIvF5w [After signing up don't forget to install Dropbox on your computer and login or none of us will get the bonus.]

~THE TRANSFORMER INFINITY -- THE NEXT TRANSFORMATION~

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 1057
For those who enjoy the quick (and significant) page load bump you can get from disabling javascript while browsing, but still wish to retain javascript functionality when needed, you can assign a simple gesture to enable/disable javascript using Dolphin Browser. Quite handy. I leave javascript off by default but when I need it (as with this forum for instance), I just use a simple screen gesture and refresh the page. Beats going into settings each time.

Joeful
Old
Thanks Meter 54
No lag here.

Itchiee
Old
Thanks Meter 239
I just needed root to do some typical Samsung debloating and everything has been running great.