Yes - its laggy and not acceptable 20 37.04%
No - its amazing - I'm happy 34 62.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Problems with lag - is this a widespread issue? POLL

OP bonerp

19th July 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 105

572 posts
I'm impressed with how quick it is. Basically it's at the same level of smoothness and quickness as my note 10.1 2014 edition was, and that was rooted and customised with a custom rom. Really pleased this one feels as quick before I even root and make it quicker

Sent from my SM-T800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th July 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 113

832 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyredcorn

I did not know that...I thought all Pro models Wifi only or LTE had the snapdragon 800....looks like I might be returning the tablet still to wait for a price drop or to see if a community deveops. I'll tell you what though, screens like this will force the competion to release UDH screens now.

I gotta admitt though, this tablet runs just a smidge faster than my iPad 3rd generation(or iPad 2 w/ retnia). Apple is very good at keeping old hardware up to date...hell, its like 3 years old and I'm sure it's gonna get OS8. We will be lucky to see Android L.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 BEST SCRiEENEVER

Samsung is usually good with updating, up too 24 months, on their premiere devices. I'm sure we'll get to see the L Preview (sometime after it comes out) in the fall.
20th July 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #103  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,229

5,430 posts
For those who enjoy the quick (and significant) page load bump you can get from disabling javascript while browsing, but still wish to retain javascript functionality when needed, you can assign a simple gesture to enable/disable javascript using Dolphin Browser. Quite handy. I leave javascript off by default but when I need it (as with this forum for instance), I just use a simple screen gesture and refresh the page. Beats going into settings each time.
20th July 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 57

350 posts
More
No lag here.
20th July 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #105  
Flag Somewhere Else
Thanks Meter: 301

963 posts
More
I just needed root to do some typical Samsung debloating and everything has been running great.
30th September 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 6

97 posts
More
Chrome is laggy as hell.

Compared to Z2 Sony - sluggish and unpleasant experience, samsung browser is ok.
1st October 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #107  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

63 posts
I actually returned mine 2 weeks ago and they've 'repaired' it. Not sure what repairs are possible...?

I don't believe a new fw version has been released so will collect it later and see where we are with it.

Mine was one of the first batch. Not sure whether lag is still a problem with more recent batches.
1st October 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #108  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

63 posts
Just went to collect mt tab - note attached to it saying no problem found!

So I went into flipboard and clicked on a website link, set the default to chrome, exited and went back in - it asks me to set the default browser every time. Still a problem.

I also opened facebook and once loaded, scrolled up a down and the lag was very evident. That was after a factory reset and a fresh install by the Samsung approved repair firm.

Handily it did all this in front of the shop assistant. So we went up stairs to look at a shop demo unit, and it ran smoothly and the default browser setting worked once cleared from memory.

So as it turns out, there appears to be devices with this issue, and others that work fine.

I was subsequently given a brand new one after almost 3 months of problems. I hope the new one performs as the shop device did. I suspect a technical issue with the cache memory but then again, at least its not firmware related.
2nd October 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #109  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
More
Yep. There're a lot of lags. BUT it is mostly animation lags when opening/closing apps. But there are no problems apps running/switching or anything. Still hope, samsung will fix animations problems next updates. Laggy animation is a point in most of samsung devices I think. And I don't get why they can't fix it. Really.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread