[Q] Help - cannot move app icons or create folders on Home Screen.

Search This thread

dawkinsmj

Apr 18, 2012
Help - cannot move app icons or create folders on Home Screen.

I have had my Tab S 10.5 for 2 weeks now and realised that I cannot seem to move icons on the home screen or create folders on the home screen. When I hold-drag an icon on the home screen it says 'Tap Edit to rearrange widgets, shortcuts, or create folders' but I cannot find where the menu is for Edit etc. When I hold-drag on an empty part of the home screen I get the home screen highlighted with Wallpapers and Widgests at the bottom.
I can create folders in the app list and move to the home screen but get the same message when I hold-drag an icon to move into the folder.
Please can someone help me with this?
Thanks.

Last edited:

fletch33

Jan 9, 2010
Help - cannot move app icons or create folders on Home Screen.

I have had my Tab S 10.5 for 2 weeks now and realised that I cannot seem to move icons on the home screen or create folders on the home screen. When I hold-drag an icon on the home screen it says 'Tap Edit to rearrange widgets, shortcuts, or create folders' but I cannot find where the menu is for Edit etc. When I hold-drag on an empty part of the home screen I get the home screen highlighted with Wallpapers and Widgests at the bottom.
I can create folders in the app list and move to the home screen but get the same message when I hold-drag an icon to move into the folder.
Please can someone help me with this?
Thanks.

out of curiosity have you checked for software updates under the About tab un General? i unboxed mine and there were 3 updates waiting and said addresses issues and maybe this is one of them?

i can not replicate your problem and if it were me i would reset it

dawkinsmj

Apr 18, 2012
out of curiosity have you checked for software updates under the About tab un General? i unboxed mine and there were 3 updates waiting and said addresses issues and maybe this is one of them?

i can not replicate your problem and if it were me i would reset it.

it

Yes I have checked for updates and it's up to date, I tried resetting it last night but still get the same issue.

dawkinsmj

Apr 18, 2012
Issue Resolved!

I have just found out how to create folders for the Home Screen and rearrange app icons on the Home Screen.
I was searching videos on YouTube and came across video tutorials for the S5 which helped me, to create folders you go to the apps screen then hold down an icon and drag it to the top left where 'create folder' should be and let go, then a folder will appear which you can name and after you save it the folder appears on the Home Screen, before you save you can also press on a + symbolto add more apps to the new folder.
To rearrange icons I don't know how I missed this, press the Home button to make sure you are on the Home Screen, then down the bottom right corner next to the Apps icon there is a pencil icon for Edit Page from here you can move app icons around and into existing folders.
I contacted Samsung live chat twice about this issue and they did not know how to resolve it and I was about to take my Tabs S back for a replacement!
Thanks for the replies to my post it is appreciated.

Reactions: rockbastard

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Issue Resolved!

I have just found out how to create folders for the Home Screen and rearrange app icons on the Home Screen.
    I was searching videos on YouTube and came across video tutorials for the S5 which helped me, to create folders you go to the apps screen then hold down an icon and drag it to the top left where 'create folder' should be and let go, then a folder will appear which you can name and after you save it the folder appears on the Home Screen, before you save you can also press on a + symbolto add more apps to the new folder.
    To rearrange icons I don't know how I missed this, press the Home button to make sure you are on the Home Screen, then down the bottom right corner next to the Apps icon there is a pencil icon for Edit Page from here you can move app icons around and into existing folders.
    I contacted Samsung live chat twice about this issue and they did not know how to resolve it and I was about to take my Tabs S back for a replacement!
    Thanks for the replies to my post it is appreciated.