Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Question on MicroSD speeds

OP hardjards

4th July 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 113

832 posts
I dont plan on taking it out. Since the above Benchmade had the pro at 49.53MB/s read. I feel It's just going to be overkill. Since its not getting the full 90 MB/s read 80MB/s write. I'm thinking the Evo should suffice. What are your thoughts?
4th July 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 11

88 posts
I meant the old Pro model, which I think was 70MB/s Read - 20MB/s write, these can sometimes be had for similar money as the new Evo. I think you'd be fine with either of those, or even the Plus model. I think the Samsung MicroSDs are fairly reliable in general.
3rd December 2014, 10:20 AM   |  #13  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 31

349 posts
More
So nobody knows if Tab S has standard bus, high speed bus or Ultra High Speed Bus UHS-I or UHS-II?

I think that micro SD card Class 10 U3 guarantees minimum 30MB/s. So it supports even 4K recording...

But I still don't know if it is worth of a lot of money. If benchmarks are true - Tab S has UHS (your 45MB/s). If!
3rd December 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
bus speeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by belek1979

So nobody knows if Tab S has standard bus, high speed bus or Ultra High Speed Bus UHS-I or UHS-II?

I think that micro SD card Class 10 U3 guarantees minimum 30MB/s. So it supports even 4K recording...

But I still don't know if it is worth of a lot of money. If benchmarks are true - Tab S has UHS (your 45MB/s). If!

According to Samsung support, the Tab S micro SD speeds is limited by the USB 2.0 bus, or 60 MB/s. So that would imply UHS, though the 90MB/s cards would not get the full speed. I would like to see someone test a 90MB/s card and see what the results are. Probably just going to go with a 48MB/s card if there isn't any difference. Though I think write speeds are significantly different between the higher speed UHS-I cards and the lower speed ones (50 vs 10 MB/s write I think).

If anyone has a couple cards and a Tab S they can test with, I would love to see the results.
The Following User Says Thank You to polypmaster For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread