Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen tint

Tip us?

LoVeRice
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Mine has pinkish tint at the top visible when everything is white especialy when reading wikipedia

serious96
Old
(Last edited by serious96; 1st September 2014 at 08:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertron View Post
Saw the 10.5 inch and 8.4 inch models together on display in a shop. The 8.4 inch version also had slightly yellow tinted whites when looked at directly, not as bad as I was expecting though. The 10.5 inch model had no yellow tinted whites at all, when looked at directly or tilted.
so when i switch screen mode to amoled basic, my screen have yellow tint (like warm color) and a little washed out color, is it normal or just my unit?
because when i switch screen mode to amoled cinema, everything looks saturated which is i think okay...

HANSB57
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armpowered View Post
The screen on my 8.4in Tab S is bugging me, is it just me?

With all "super enhanced" colour settings set to plain and boring colour, I keep noticing a slight green tint in the central area of screen when viewed square-on, it's very subtle and seems more obvious with text on the screen, e.g. the Tapatalk forum listings. Also when viewed from an angle the display takes on a slight blue tint, despite reviews saying how good the angles are, it seems worse than the LG G Pad.

Is this just a feature of AMOLED displays or could it be a faulty unit (how?)?

At what angle are you looking at it.???

>>X<<
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by serious96 View Post
so when i switch screen mode to amoled basic, my screen have yellow tint (like warm color) and a little washed out color, is it normal or just my unit?
because when i switch screen mode to amoled cinema, everything looks saturated which is i think okay...
Yes the Basic profile is meant to be that way its not the screen problem being discussed here, if you wanted an accurate image then Basic is the closest of all the profiles. If Basic looks washed out to you then your used to looking at an oversaturate screen, if you were used to looking at calibrated screens then all three profiles would look over saturated.

aimfire72
Old
Thanks Meter 117
I had the 8.4 and just returned it. I also had the greenish-blue tint when the screen was even just slightly tilted. More noticeable indoors with brightness set to below 40%. If I had the tablet flat on the table and walked across the room, I could see it too - screen only looked good if looking at it directly in front of you. As others have said, I think it's probably due to some coating on the screen, which explains why it would be more noticeable with the screen brightness set lower.

I've checked out a few display models at stores, they all basically look the same, though some were slightly worse than others. That being said, the 10.5" ones I saw don't seem to have this problem... if they do, it's definitely not as noticeable. Not sure if it's just an optical illusion or what, but the 10.5's look OK. I'm going to go buy the 10.5 one today, mainly for the size. I'll post again if there are any tints on the screen.

>>X<<
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimfire72 View Post
I had the 8.4 and just returned it. I also had the greenish-blue tint when the screen was even just slightly tilted. More noticeable indoors with brightness set to below 40%. If I had the tablet flat on the table and walked across the room, I could see it too - screen only looked good if looking at it directly in front of you. As others have said, I think it's probably due to some coating on the screen, which explains why it would be more noticeable with the screen brightness set lower.

I've checked out a few display models at stores, they all basically look the same, though some were slightly worse than others. That being said, the 10.5" ones I saw don't seem to have this problem... if they do, it's definitely not as noticeable. Not sure if it's just an optical illusion or what, but the 10.5's look OK. I'm going to go buy the 10.5 one today, mainly for the size. I'll post again if there are any tints on the screen.
The problem was a green tint in the center when looked at head on not at an angle, seeing shifts in color when tilted is normal for this tablet. I would have kept yours if it was fine straight on.

My 10.5 had greenish yellow tint when looked at head on exactly the same as the op.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...aulty-t2822471

aimfire72
Old
Thanks Meter 117
I was gonna return for the 10.5" anyways, the screen tint wasn't part of that decision, but I certainly won't miss it, heh.