FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Sd card message after rebooting?

4th February 2015, 02:32 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfinsrq

This issue has been corrected with the T800XXU1ANJ6 update back in October.

Not corrected in the T700XXU1ANF9 that I bought this January. A brand new Samsung EVO 64GB card caused all sorts of problems as above. Regularly told a new card has been mounted. Apps disappear, the card is advised as being damaged or requiring formatting. Problems running apps that have themselves or data on the SD card. AFter 2 weeks, including formatting in the Tab S and on the PC, I gave up.

An old Sandisk 16GB card works perfectly.

TOday, I rang Samsung, and they had not heard of the problem. Their suggestion is to reset to factory condition. Having read above, that is not going to work so there is no point doing it.

THe problem is that whilst on my Nexus 7, 32GB was plenty, on the Tab S there is so much junk from Samsung it takes up all types of memory.

THe only solution seems to be to try a different carad - in which case what about the money I spent on the existing one?

6th February 2015, 10:39 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I've also been having a repeated remounting during sleepissue on T705XXU1ANF8 with a class 10 Kingston 32GB for some weeks. The problem seems to have gone away since I switched it for a 32GB Samsung EVO card. The question for me now is what to do with the Kingston, whether the card actually is faulty or if it's just the Tab S being picky and I can safely stick the card in my GS5 or a 3DS or something.
6th February 2015, 06:05 PM |#23  

More
Well, I got a brand new SanDisk 64GB card today, and the Galaxy Tab S will NOT play with it. The Tab keeps losing write access to the card. I have an app called World History by Solvapps, which installs itself to the external card, because it is a huge download. There is a trial to download, then the full app whiih adds more data. Then a maps add-on which adds yet more data.
It has twice managed to install the trial, and once the world history, but whlist downloading the maps, the SD card write access was lost; and all of the apps get greyed out, with the Tab claiming they are no longer installed.
THis is the first of the apps that had been exported to SD card that I tried to install. All the others that HAD been on the SD card no longer show as installed. Initially, unmounting and re- mounting the card would somehow kick it back to life and enable the writing for the next stage. But then it didn't last all the way through the operation of downloading and extracting and saving.
I keep getting the message "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card".
I'm rooted. SD CardFix shows green; ie no problems. ES File Explorer happily reads and writes, as does Root Explorer and the Samsung own file manager.
I also got messages saying something like Write Access lost, or No write access.
Titanium Backup (I now find) never backed up the apps on the SD card, so that means it was bloddy useless.

Now I've put my previous 16GB card back in, and it still shows the World History as not installed, so I have to start all over again with over a GB to download.
I wish I'd never got the Sadding Somsung Tab S. It got such good reviews until I found threads all over the place about randomly failing SD card access.
6th February 2015, 07:13 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 357

More
These so called people moaning about random failing cards are the same people on every other forum for any other make of device that go and buy an el cheapo sd card for a bargain price from somewhere like Ebay and then wonder why the card flakes out all the time.
The first thing i do when i buy a card is check its legitimacy with one of the many apps available. There are so many fakes out there that people think are genuine, then they either go wrongly blaming the device or the card manufacturer.
For what its worth i have a Samsung Evo 64gb sd card that performs perfectly.

Also the sd card inserted message after every reboot is normal . It can easly be removed with 'notifyclean'
Last edited by ashyx; 6th February 2015 at 07:18 PM.
6th February 2015, 08:34 PM |#25  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

These so called people moaning about random failing cards are the same people on every other forum for any other make of device that go and buy an el cheapo sd card for a bargain price from somewhere like Ebay and then wonder why the card flakes out all the time.
The first thing i do when i buy a card is check its legitimacy with one of the many apps available. There are so many fakes out there that people think are genuine, then they either go wrongly blaming the device or the card manufacturer.

Also the sd card inserted message after every reboot is normal . It can easly be removed with 'notifyclean'

Got mine 16GB sd card from walmart as usual Its the PNY 16gb standard and no problems so far. It seems to be that some people are having problems with the evo. Idk. And yes some sd cards are fake and do not run well
6th February 2015, 09:38 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

I object to your accusation, ashyx. As it happens my wife has a Samsung galaxy tab s, so earlier this evening I tried my first 64GB Samsung evo card in that. It has worked flawlessly, allowing me to set myself up as a new user and install the apps that would not install on my own tab s.
6th February 2015, 10:04 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 357

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx4700 user

I object to your accusation, ashyx. As it happens my wife has a Samsung galaxy tab s, so earlier this evening I tried my first 64GB Samsung evo card in that. It has worked flawlessly, allowing me to set myself up as a new user and install the apps that would not install on my own tab s.

Sorry you misunderstood, i was referring to your end comment not you personally.
Quote:

I wish I'd never got the Sadding Somsung Tab S. It got such good reviews until I found threads all over the place about randomly failing SD card access.

6th February 2015, 11:08 PM |#28  

More
You're right, I did take it personally. Sorry I misunderstood you.
There do however seem to be many of those threads I've read where the card works on a PC, or in a camera, but not in a Samsung galaxy device. My personal experience is currently that 50% of them have problems.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread