XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SM-T800 rom development?

Tip us?

Tomv5314
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] SM-T800 rom development?

Is there any Rom development for the T800 going on besides the 2 roms that seem not to be being updated any more. I just got tablet 2 days ago and am planning on rooting right after return window in 2weeks if I can determine if anyone plans on developing for this tab. Most of the activity seems to be for the 8.4 version.. I have the 10.5 32gb Wi-Fi version. I hope some developers will be developing for the 800 besides the 700. ... I think I posted this in the right section.. Thanks for any feedback on this. Hoping lack of activity is because tab is fairly new...

Guntert
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Just bought mine today, I am hoping for same thing.

guent_peer
Old
Thanks Meter 8
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala.../roms-t2853817
The Following User Says Thank You to guent_peer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tomv5314
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guntert View Post
Just bought mine today, I am hoping for same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomv5314 View Post
Is there any Rom development for the T800 going on besides the 2 roms that seem not to be being updated any more. I just got tablet 2 days ago and am planning on rooting right after return window in 2weeks if I can determine if anyone plans on developing for this tab. Most of the activity seems to be for the 8.4 version.. I have the 10.5 32gb Wi-Fi version. I hope some developers will be developing for the 800 besides the 700. ... I think I posted this in the right section.. Thanks for any feedback on this. Hoping lack of activity is because tab is fairly new...
Yes I have seen that activity has picked up in last few days. Happy to see it. My question has been answered lol

brando56894
Old
Thanks Meter 159

DONATE TO ME
I got mine about a week ago and I love it but I'm craving AOSP one of the guys has a working build of CM for the 8.4 and a few guys have taken that and modded it themselves for the 10.5 and it mostly works, so there is hope. The tablet only came out last month so its still pretty new.

Turbojugend
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Curious to see if dev will take off, due to the hardware Samsung used.