Ask a question

No registration required

some movies won't play with audio.

OP reef88

7th October 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
I have a problem with some movies/series I'm watching on my Galaxy Tab S 10.5, the audio wont play at all sometimes. I'm using MX Player. I was watching these series (The Mentalist) and episodes were playing fine (MKV files), until I ran into one that would play but on mute, I tried playing the file on my PC and it was fine.

I looked around and apparently MKV is not supported by this tab? but why can I play a lot of other MKV files without any problem?
7th October 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reef88

I have a problem with some movies/series I'm watching on my Galaxy Tab S 10.5, the audio wont play at all sometimes. I'm using MX Player. I was watching these series (The Mentalist) and episodes were playing fine (MKV files), until I ran into one that would play but on mute, I tried playing the file on my PC and it was fine.

I looked around and apparently MKV is not supported by this tab? but why can I play a lot of other MKV files without any problem?

MKV is supported, AC3 is not. I don't know why samsung exclude AC3 audio codec from firmware. You can either try to enable software audio encoding in MX player or use VLC player, OR if you have a root acces, u can install AC3 codec. search here on XDA about how to do it.
7th October 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
re
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectro73

MKV is supported, AC3 is not. I don't know why samsung exclude AC3 audio codec from firmware. You can either try to enable software audio encoding in MX player or use VLC player, OR if you have a root acces, u can install AC3 codec. search here on XDA about how to do it.

Bsplsyer works fine.
7th October 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:

Playing MKV without audio probleem. There is a special codec you can download somewhere on the net, just look around.
7th October 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 79

344 posts
More
I use allplayer to play some movies that aren't supported in the default player.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
7th October 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
What about 720p mkv files?
8th October 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #7  
Flag Ipswich
Thanks Meter: 23

138 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Click on the "note" icon right to the H/W button. Then select Use s/w audio decoder.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kahun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread