No registration required

[Q] Nova launcher lag in landscape on 8.4 but NOT on 10.5

OP mike infinity

7th July 2014, 01:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

150 posts
Anyone try this?

If you have the tab s 8.4 try installing google now launcher or nova. Then try swiping between the desktop pages in both portrait and landscape modes.

My tab s 8.4 lags considerably in landscape but not at all in portrait. The Touchwiz launcher has no such problem. It seems to have something to do with the wallpaper so try different static wallpapers.

The 10.5 has no such issue and zips along beautifully in both portrait and landscape. It seems to be clearly a software glitch since touchwiz has no issue and with some wallpapers the problem gets reversed and portrait lags.

What gives?
7th July 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 75

488 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike infinity

Anyone try this?

If you have the tab s 8.4 try installing google now launcher or nova. Then try swiping between the desktop pages in both portrait and landscape modes.

My tab s 8.4 lags considerably in landscape but not at all in portrait. The Touchwiz launcher has no such problem. It seems to have something to do with the wallpaper so try different static wallpapers.

The 10.5 has no such issue and zips along beautifully in both portrait and landscape. It seems to be clearly a software glitch since touchwiz has no issue and with some wallpapers the problem gets reversed and portrait lags.

What gives?

I had the same issue on mt 10.5 with Nova. I found that after a reboot the lag went away.
7th July 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,232

5,433 posts
I personally feel that Go Launcher does landscape better than Nova because it puts your icon dock on the right vertically. Very convenient.
8th July 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

150 posts
After further testing I found that the tab 8.4 has no lag if the wallpaper doesn't scroll. Animated wallpapers like koi show no lag at all. The 10.5 shows no lag with scrolling wallpaper...or any other wallpaper. I will try rebooting the 8.4 with scrolling paper.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread