Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nova launcher lag in landscape on 8.4 but NOT on 10.5

Tip us?

mike infinity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default [Q] Nova launcher lag in landscape on 8.4 but NOT on 10.5

Anyone try this?

If you have the tab s 8.4 try installing google now launcher or nova. Then try swiping between the desktop pages in both portrait and landscape modes.

My tab s 8.4 lags considerably in landscape but not at all in portrait. The Touchwiz launcher has no such problem. It seems to have something to do with the wallpaper so try different static wallpapers.

The 10.5 has no such issue and zips along beautifully in both portrait and landscape. It seems to be clearly a software glitch since touchwiz has no issue and with some wallpapers the problem gets reversed and portrait lags.

What gives?

mzimand
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike infinity View Post
Anyone try this?

If you have the tab s 8.4 try installing google now launcher or nova. Then try swiping between the desktop pages in both portrait and landscape modes.

My tab s 8.4 lags considerably in landscape but not at all in portrait. The Touchwiz launcher has no such problem. It seems to have something to do with the wallpaper so try different static wallpapers.

The 10.5 has no such issue and zips along beautifully in both portrait and landscape. It seems to be clearly a software glitch since touchwiz has no issue and with some wallpapers the problem gets reversed and portrait lags.

What gives?
I had the same issue on mt 10.5 with Nova. I found that after a reboot the lag went away.

mitchellvii
Old
Thanks Meter 1111
I personally feel that Go Launcher does landscape better than Nova because it puts your icon dock on the right vertically. Very convenient.

mike infinity
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
After further testing I found that the tab 8.4 has no lag if the wallpaper doesn't scroll. Animated wallpapers like koi show no lag at all. The 10.5 shows no lag with scrolling wallpaper...or any other wallpaper. I will try rebooting the 8.4 with scrolling paper.