[Q] Trouble getting USB OTG hub working

OP aleson

18th August 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I'm trying to get a USB OTG hub I bought working with the 10.5 tab s (SM-T805). I can't post a link to the hub, but if you search ebay for 'EZI - Universal 7-IN-1 USB Hub Micro SD TF Card Reader for OTG Smart Phone' you should see it, it's a square one that also reads SD cards.

It works fine with my S4 using stickmount pro, but when I plug it into the tab S the power light on the hub comes on, but the second I plug a USB stick (1Gb USB 2.0) in the light goes out, and nothing happens.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get it working, or can they recommend a USB hub that does work with the Tab S?

Thanks
20th August 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleson

I'm trying to get a USB OTG hub I bought working with the 10.5 tab s (SM-T805). I can't post a link to the hub, but if you search ebay for 'EZI - Universal 7-IN-1 USB Hub Micro SD TF Card Reader for OTG Smart Phone' you should see it, it's a square one that also reads SD cards.

It works fine with my S4 using stickmount pro, but when I plug it into the tab S the power light on the hub comes on, but the second I plug a USB stick (1Gb USB 2.0) in the light goes out, and nothing happens.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get it working, or can they recommend a USB hub that does work with the Tab S?

Thanks

Hi,

No suggestions to make yours work, but here is a product which seems to be working (USB host and charge simultaneously) :

http://lavalink.com/products/samsung...r-tab4-tabpro/

Quentin
The Following User Says Thank You to pop up For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thanks, I may take a look at that, I've ordered another OTG 'hub' (one with several cables coming off the main plug) that does accept power in, I'm hoping that will work... If not I'll be trying the one you suggest.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread