FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

[Q] Does TWRP install trip KNOX

175 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By gggg, Senior Member on 23rd August 2014, 03:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
SM-T705, CF-Autoroot already. I was asked the above question. As I have rooted already I cant tell.

1 So if one installs TWRP recovery with Odin (not TWRP Manager apk) and just wants to backup his Tab, I would say there is no root necessary for doing this.

2 Will the Installation of TWRP with Odin trip Knox already ?

3 What is necessary for TWRP restore ... I guess root...

24th August 2014, 03:28 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
yes it will trip knox, anything custom other than an added binary (su.bin) will trip knox. Root isn't needed to backup/restore a ROM outside of Android, just a custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to brando56894 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 01:41 AM |#3  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 260

More
If you have rooted with CF-Autoroot you tripped Knox already.
4th March 2015, 03:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando56894

yes it will trip knox, anything custom other than an added binary (su.bin) will trip knox. Root isn't needed to backup/restore a ROM outside of Android, just a custom recovery.

you con downgrade an older stock kernel w/out tripping knox ... but that's about all you can do. That said, I'd love to know if anyone has tried king, or towelroot. I'm too chicken. But towelroot DID work on our 8.4 tab pro (w/out tripping knox).
Last edited by hillg001; 4th March 2015 at 03:35 PM.
4th March 2015, 05:09 PM |#5  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,331

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillg001

you con downgrade an older stock kernel w/out tripping knox ... but that's about all you can do. That said, I'd love to know if anyone has tried king, or towelroot. I'm too chicken. But towelroot DID work on our 8.4 tab pro (w/out tripping knox).

The thing is, is the tab pro exynos? I dont think towelroot works on exynos or some exynos devices
4th March 2015, 05:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
can't recall - but I thought it was the other way around - that towelroot (& kingo) won't work on snapdragon 's. I'll have to check to see what we got.
4th March 2015, 05:36 PM |#7  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,331

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillg001

can't recall - but I thought it was the other way around - that towelroot (& kingo) won't work on snapdragon 's. I'll have to check to see what we got.

We have kernel thats dated 5- something. Which is before june. Well thats for the 10.5 tab s. I tripped knox. Im too chicken to try it out also. And downgrade just too see if towelroot does something
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread