ViPER4Android driver install failed

Search This thread

gggg

Jun 18, 2012
OK all I have a fix for installing Viper on the Tab S.
Use any file explorer and navigate to /system/vendor/etc
Copy the audio.effects.conf in that location
Navigate to /system/etc and paste the file you copied there
Once copied change the permissions to match the other files in the /system/etc folder
Install Viper and it should work this time, apparently the audio.effects.conf file is expected to be in the /system/etc location and is not there by default for some reason....
THX for your hints ... is this necessary as well on tab s ?
extract from system, and backup audio.effects.conf in both system/etc and system/vendor/etc
Insert under libraries section in both files
Code:
  v4a_fx {
   path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_ics.so
  }
... and under the effects section again both files
  v4a_standard_fx  {
    library v4a_fx
    uuid 41d3c987-e6cf-11e3-a88a-11aba5d5c51b
   }
push back to thier places, set permissions, reboot.

Last edited:

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
Nope I didn't have to do that. Just follow my post and you should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

hurray

Oct 25, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 3

Once copied change the permissions to match the other files in the /system/etc folder

Install Viper and it should work this time, apparently the audio.effects.conf file is expected to be in the /system/etc location and is not there by default for some reason....

For advanced users I suppose you could just create a symlink to the other location also but I didn't try this myself.

let me know if this works for everybody else, so far it has worked on both of my Tab's

Make sure to cruise by the Viper thread and thank metaljim also as he gave me the initial help which headed me in the direction of adding the file to system etc.

Thank you very much for the solution. Only one thing: there is a typo. The filename isn't "audio.effects.conf" but "audio_effects.conf". :)

Here is the version I try with a Symlink and via ADB, which runs fine also:

- connect Tab S via usb-cable and open command shell with access to adb.exe

Code:
adb root
adb shell
mount -ro remount,rw /system
ln -s /system/vendor/etc/audio_effects.conf /system/etc/audio_effects.conf
exit
After a reboot the installation of Viper works.

krazysmurff

Nov 12, 2013
help viper4android wont paste in the location.

audio_effects.conf (thats what it looks like)... it doesnt have the period between audio and effects.. :-/ and i cant paste it in the location.

For advanced users I suppose you could just create a symlink to the other location also but I didn't try this myself.

let me know if this works for everybody else, so far it has worked on both of my Tab's

Make sure to cruise by the Viper thread and thank metaljim also as he gave me the initial help which headed me in the direction of adding the file to system etc.

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
audio_effects.conf (thats what it looks like)... it doesnt have the period between audio and effects.. :-/ and i cant paste it in the location.
Yeah the period was a typo. What file manager are you using? Are you enabling write permissions to the new folder? You can also create a symlink as described in the post above yours.

BLITBIT

Jan 10, 2015
I'm not a robot

Viper driver won't install?????

In SuperSU

Settings

Enable Superuser (disable then enable it).

This worked......after several hours of paranoia.
Refused to create my rom* without Viper!

*(Ainol Flame Note 7 - 6GB internal storage, instead of 1.12GB)

P0tato

Jun 26, 2012
Aparhant
I pushed the file in the right place, installed driver succesfully but after that it does not work only in compatible mode and with spotify.. any help?

radkor

May 9, 2006
Warsaw
I have a problem with installing V4A on stock ANFB firmware.
After flashing zip in TWRP, device is restarting and during system startup i have "Android is upgrading..." message like after normal cache erase.
After "Optimising app xxx of xxx" I've got "Starting apps" message and system hangs on here.
When I do a reset by buttons my Tab hangs on Samsung logo, and I must restore system partition from my NANDroid backup.

How to properly install Viper4Android on Tab-S SM-T800?

EDIT:
OK, it's working. I installed V4A from Play Store and followed instructions in this thread.

Last edited:

VeronicaLikes

Mar 20, 2015
EASY Viper4Android FX and XHIFI DRIVER Installation FIX

I wanted to post this to help others who may be struggling with driver installation as I was.

The FX driver installed with no problem, but no matter what I did, the XHIFI drivers would not install.

After extracting the apk of the final XHIFI version available which is Version: XHiFi version 2.1.0.2-1
Codename: X-Factor, I realized that;

1. the /system/etc/audio_effects.conf file did not include the references to the XHIFI drivers
2. the suggested file fixes I found in forums did not work, because they did not reference the latest XHIFI driver names used in the final apk

This is THE SOLUTION for both FX and XHIFI driver installation in case of the above scenario:

1. Unpack the apk and extract the drivers.
2. Find the one that is applicable to your device and add the reference into the library section.
3. Insert the driver file into the /system/lib/soundfx/ folder so that it can be found

This is my file:

libraries {
v4a_xhifi {
path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_xhifi_ics.so
}
v4a_fx {
}
v4a_xhifi {
path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_xhifi_ics_NEON.so.jb
}
v4a_fx {
path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_gb.so
}
v4a_fx {
path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_ics_NEON.so
}
v4a_fx {
path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_ics_NEON_HQ.so
}
v4a_fx {
path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_jb_NEON.so
}
v4a_fx {
path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_jb_NEON_HQ.so
}
v4a_fx {
path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_jb_NEON_SQ.so
}

I wasn't absolutely certain about which NEON driver was for my Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon SCH-1545, using SafeStrap and Stock Rooted ROM, so I included all of them, with no problems as a result.

I rebooted and all was running in tandem.

Bataga

Jan 2, 2012
Georgia
That helped to get the drivers installed! I can't get it to work on lp no matter what I try. Might need a permissive kernel for it to work right.

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
That helped to get the drivers installed! I can't get it to work on lp no matter what I try. Might need a permissive kernel for it to work right.
Download SELinuxModeChanger from. The play store tap permissive, reboot I stall driver again reboot and you should be good to go.

Tab S 10.5 Sent

trein91

Jun 14, 2012

Copy the audio_effects.conf in that location

Installed it perfectly thanks! Problem now is that it has NO EFFECT at all on the sound. Disabling and enabling it has no effect whatsoever on the audio output :(

EDIT: IDK if the SELinuxModeChanger being permissive helped at all, but I did it anyway. What I found out later was that the only way of activating Viper4Android's effect properly is if you (install Poweramp) and go into Audio>Advanced Tweaks> Tick "Direct Volume Control" and untick "Direct Volume Control" again after. You need to leave it at off. Somehow after doing this Viper works for all apps. However, this is only temporary as the effect goes away after a reboot. Forcing you to do this again and again. !!!!!

Last edited:

ifly4vamerica

Jun 13, 2010
Installed it perfectly thanks! Problem now is that it has NO EFFECT at all on the sound. Disabling and enabling it has no effect whatsoever on the audio output :(

EDIT: IDK if the SELinuxModeChanger being permissive helped at all, but I did it anyway. What I found out later was that the only way of activating Viper4Android's effect properly is if you (install Poweramp) and go into Audio>Advanced Tweaks> Tick "Direct Volume Control" and untick "Direct Volume Control" again after. You need to leave it at off. Somehow after doing this Viper works for all apps. However, this is only temporary as the effect goes away after a reboot. Forcing you to do this again and again. !!!!!
Weird for sure, I do not have that problem on any of my devices. Best bet is to try the original Viper thread. Somebody there may be able to help you. You can also try freezing or removing sound fx and disabling nuplayer in developing options. That is if you haven't already.

Note 4 DE Sent

ChrisRaabe

Oct 30, 2010
Dresden
audio_effects.conf

Install Viper and .....

thank you for that information but I don't need to copy or symlink audio_effects.conf. On my SM-T805 with Lollipop 5.0.2 (T805XXU1BOCC) this file can be found in /system/etc while /system/vendor/etc only contains folders.

Chris

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
Viper4android 2.3.4.0 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 <> SM-T700 <> klimtwifi

FIRSTLY: This works on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 <> SM-T700 <> klimtwifi with
aicp_klimtwifi_lp-10.0-NIGHTLY-20150813

SECONDLY: This is not my work. I found it somewhere a few weeks ago. I tried to find it again so I could simply point you to it. That would have been much easier.

After dozens of hours trying to get Viper4android to actually have an effect on the audio I found a solution. I used xda references to help me install Viper4android 2.3.4.0 (look elsewhere for help on that, if needed). However, I had to do these additional things for the app to have to *actually have any effect*:
(files attached below)

- Go to
Root folder "/system/etc" & replace the*audio_effects.conf*with the one provided
Root folder "/vendor/etc" &*replace the*audio_effects.conf*with the one provided.
Root folder "/system/lib/soundfx" & add all the libs provided (replace any if needed).

Take care that you don't mess with*audio_policy.conf.

Now just setup your Viper and reboot.

TiTiB <tweak it 'til it breaks>
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 <> SM-T700 <> klimtwifi

Bala_2668

Sep 26, 2012

I already hav the audio_config file in system/etc .....so no luck for me

Last edited:

TiTiB

Jun 19, 2015
Earth, for now
I already hav the audio_config file in system/etc .....so no luck for me
FOR THOSE WHO CAN FLASH ZIP FILES

On my SM-T700 this works perfectly every time no problems etc., etc........

Flash the ViPER4Android-supolicy.zip found at the link below to take care of the "permissive" mode that is required for Viper4Android to be installed.

Flash the LolliViPER_TAB_S.zip.

Reboot, Rock Out, and Profit!!!!

[https://drive.google.com/folder/d/........ Galaxy Tab S | SMT-T700 | klimtwifi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Viper4android 2.3.4.0 on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 <> SM-T700 <> klimtwifi

FIRSTLY: This works on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 <> SM-T700 <> klimtwifi with
    aicp_klimtwifi_lp-10.0-NIGHTLY-20150813

SECONDLY: This is not my work. I found it somewhere a few weeks ago. I tried to find it again so I could simply point you to it. That would have been much easier.

After dozens of hours trying to get Viper4android to actually have an effect on the audio I found a solution. I used xda references to help me install Viper4android 2.3.4.0 (look elsewhere for help on that, if needed). However, I had to do these additional things for the app to have to *actually have any effect*:
    (files attached below)

- Go to
    Root folder "/system/etc" & replace the*audio_effects.conf*with the one provided
    Root folder "/vendor/etc" &*replace the*audio_effects.conf*with the one provided.
    Root folder "/system/lib/soundfx" & add all the libs provided (replace any if needed).

Take care that you don't mess with*audio_policy.conf.

Now just setup your Viper and reboot.

TiTiB <tweak it 'til it breaks>
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 <> SM-T700 <> klimtwifi
    After installing TWRP, I decided to flash another audio mod called elements of fidelity http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2765331
    And after flashing that viper's driver miraculously installed!

I didn't get a chance to thoroughly look into why we are originally having so many problems installing it on the tab s but I suspect it's because we are missing an audio*. Conf file that it tries to edit but cannot be found.
    In which folder must the audio*. conf be saved an what is her full name.
    It's a little chance to save an empty file here?! And install V4A after that?
    I'm on vacation and will be out of the country until the end of the week.

When I get home I will go through logs and see what exactly was happening.
    EASY Viper4Android FX and XHIFI DRIVER Installation FIX

I wanted to post this to help others who may be struggling with driver installation as I was.

The FX driver installed with no problem, but no matter what I did, the XHIFI drivers would not install.

After extracting the apk of the final XHIFI version available which is Version: XHiFi version 2.1.0.2-1
    Codename: X-Factor, I realized that;

1. the /system/etc/audio_effects.conf file did not include the references to the XHIFI drivers
    2. the suggested file fixes I found in forums did not work, because they did not reference the latest XHIFI driver names used in the final apk

This is THE SOLUTION for both FX and XHIFI driver installation in case of the above scenario:

1. Unpack the apk and extract the drivers.
    2. Find the one that is applicable to your device and add the reference into the library section.
    3. Insert the driver file into the /system/lib/soundfx/ folder so that it can be found

This is my file:

libraries {
    v4a_xhifi {
    path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_xhifi_ics.so
    }
    v4a_fx {
    }
    v4a_xhifi {
    path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_xhifi_ics_NEON.so.jb
    }
    v4a_fx {
    path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_gb.so
    }
    v4a_fx {
    path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_ics_NEON.so
    }
    v4a_fx {
    path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_ics_NEON_HQ.so
    }
    v4a_fx {
    path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_jb_NEON.so
    }
    v4a_fx {
    path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_jb_NEON_HQ.so
    }
    v4a_fx {
    path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_jb_NEON_SQ.so
    }

I wasn't absolutely certain about which NEON driver was for my Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon SCH-1545, using SafeStrap and Stock Rooted ROM, so I included all of them, with no problems as a result.

I rebooted and all was running in tandem.