OK all I have a fix for installing Viper on the Tab S.
Use any file explorer and navigate to /system/vendor/etc
Copy the audio_effects.conf in that location
Navigate to /system/etc and paste the file you copied there
Once copied change the permissions to match the other files in the /system/etc folder
Install Viper and it should work this time, apparently the audio.effects.conf file is expected to be in the /system/etc location and is not there by default for some reason....
For advanced users I suppose you could just create a symlink to the other location also but I didn't try this myself.
let me know if this works for everybody else, so far it has worked on both of my Tab's
Make sure to cruise by the Viper thread and thank metaljim also as he gave me the initial help which headed me in the direction of adding the file to system etc.
Installed it perfectly thanks! Problem now is that it has NO EFFECT at all on the sound. Disabling and enabling it has no effect whatsoever on the audio output
EDIT: IDK if the SELinuxModeChanger being permissive helped at all, but I did it anyway. What I found out later was that the only way of activating Viper4Android's effect properly is if you (install Poweramp) and go into Audio>Advanced Tweaks> Tick "Direct Volume Control" and untick "Direct Volume Control" again after. You need to leave it at off. Somehow after doing this Viper works for all apps. However, this is only temporary as the effect goes away after a reboot. Forcing you to do this again and again. !!!!!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|