Open War for Open Android: Antitrust for Cyanogen?

Android and openness is something we talk about all the time, but the recent … more

What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

ViPER4Android driver install failed

26th March 2015, 06:02 AM |#31  
Georgia
Thanks Meter: 898

1,998 posts
More
That helped to get the drivers installed! I can't get it to work on lp no matter what I try. Might need a permissive kernel for it to work right.

26th March 2015, 01:09 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 329

1,289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bataga

That helped to get the drivers installed! I can't get it to work on lp no matter what I try. Might need a permissive kernel for it to work right.

Download SELinuxModeChanger from. The play store tap permissive, reboot I stall driver again reboot and you should be good to go.

Tab S 10.5 Sent
26th March 2015, 07:07 PM |#33  
Georgia
Thanks Meter: 898

1,998 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly4vamerica

Download SELinuxModeChanger from. The play store tap permissive, reboot I stall driver again reboot and you should be good to go.

Tab S 10.5 Sent

Doesn't work for the wiz.
14th April 2015, 02:53 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 105

633 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly4vamerica

OK all I have a fix for installing Viper on the Tab S.

Use any file explorer and navigate to /system/vendor/etc
Copy the audio_effects.conf in that location
Navigate to /system/etc and paste the file you copied there
Once copied change the permissions to match the other files in the /system/etc folder

Install Viper and it should work this time, apparently the audio.effects.conf file is expected to be in the /system/etc location and is not there by default for some reason....

For advanced users I suppose you could just create a symlink to the other location also but I didn't try this myself.

let me know if this works for everybody else, so far it has worked on both of my Tab's

Make sure to cruise by the Viper thread and thank metaljim also as he gave me the initial help which headed me in the direction of adding the file to system etc.

Installed it perfectly thanks! Problem now is that it has NO EFFECT at all on the sound. Disabling and enabling it has no effect whatsoever on the audio output

EDIT: IDK if the SELinuxModeChanger being permissive helped at all, but I did it anyway. What I found out later was that the only way of activating Viper4Android's effect properly is if you (install Poweramp) and go into Audio>Advanced Tweaks> Tick "Direct Volume Control" and untick "Direct Volume Control" again after. You need to leave it at off. Somehow after doing this Viper works for all apps. However, this is only temporary as the effect goes away after a reboot. Forcing you to do this again and again. !!!!!
Last edited by trein91; 14th April 2015 at 04:14 PM.
15th April 2015, 01:02 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 329

1,289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trein91

Installed it perfectly thanks! Problem now is that it has NO EFFECT at all on the sound. Disabling and enabling it has no effect whatsoever on the audio output

EDIT: IDK if the SELinuxModeChanger being permissive helped at all, but I did it anyway. What I found out later was that the only way of activating Viper4Android's effect properly is if you (install Poweramp) and go into Audio>Advanced Tweaks> Tick "Direct Volume Control" and untick "Direct Volume Control" again after. You need to leave it at off. Somehow after doing this Viper works for all apps. However, this is only temporary as the effect goes away after a reboot. Forcing you to do this again and again. !!!!!

Weird for sure, I do not have that problem on any of my devices. Best bet is to try the original Viper thread. Somebody there may be able to help you. You can also try freezing or removing sound fx and disabling nuplayer in developing options. That is if you haven't already.

Note 4 DE Sent
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread