Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi+Bluetooth Simultaneously

Tip us?

Roukie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Wifi+Bluetooth Simultaneously

So I've had my Tab S 8.4 for about a month and I've noticed that Wifi and Bluetooth don't play nice together. If I have wifi on andthen turn on Bluetooth, the wifi just disconnects from the network and says it can't find any networks.

Is there any possible fix for this or have I gotten a dodgy device? I've looked around the net and tried changing my wifi channel to no avail. Some article said something about 2.4GHz vs 5GHz and only using 5GHz for wifi but I think my router's too old for that.

Daagen
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roukie View Post
So I've had my Tab S 8.4 for about a month and I've noticed that Wifi and Bluetooth don't play nice together. If I have wifi on andthen turn on Bluetooth, the wifi just disconnects from the network and says it can't find any networks.

Is there any possible fix for this or have I gotten a dodgy device? I've looked around the net and tried changing my wifi channel to no avail. Some article said something about 2.4GHz vs 5GHz and only using 5GHz for wifi but I think my router's too old for that.
Have you used Sidesync? Disable that (or clear app data and cache) and try again. Worked for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daagen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Roukie
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
You're a legend man!

Daagen
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roukie View Post
You're a legend man!
Maybe he is who wrote the solution first, not me