5,815,265 Members 39,452 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Chinese Galaxy TAB S - SM-T800 - It's compatible with which rom?HELP Please

Tip us?

abidaboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Chinese Galaxy TAB S - SM-T800 - It's compatible with which rom?HELP Please

Hello Friends,

I've bought a Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T800 in China but unfortunately I'm not able to install google play and youtube on it,so can anyone help me in order to clarify which ROM is compatible with this tablet without "bricking " it? I'm from Brazil and any info will be very helpful.

Thank you all, Wish you all the best!

Best Regards,

Expedito

marcorobert
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Chinese tablette, change/add language, flash to french?

Hi guys,

I'm on the same boat, I bought the device from China for my dad, but it only has Chinese/Korean/English language and a lot of stuff he doesn't want/need.
I would like to flash the tablet to French, but it seems the ROMS are country dependent, and I don't want to brick it just yet

What's my best option to get french on the device?

Any feedback on this will be appreciated!!

Tkkg1994
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcorobert View Post
Hi guys,

I'm on the same boat, I bought the device from China for my dad, but it only has Chinese/Korean/English language and a lot of stuff he doesn't want/need.
I would like to flash the tablet to French, but it seems the ROMS are country dependent, and I don't want to brick it just yet

Well, what's your number of the Tab? SM-T800? SM-T805?
My Devices: Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) (LTE), Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T805) (LTE) and Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) (Int). Love to all Googy Max kernels and to Philz Touch Recovery. <3

Please hit Thanks if I helped you!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tkkg1994 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abidaboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkkg1994 View Post
Well, what's your number of the Tab? SM-T800? SM-T805?
Hello My TAB Number is SM-T800 -WIFI

Thank you!

abidaboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcorobert View Post
Hi guys,

Hello,

could you install the Google Play and youTube in your device?

Thank you

bodivas
Old
(Last edited by bodivas; 4th September 2014 at 06:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 531
SM-T800C (China) is compatible with SM-T800
SM-T805C (China) NO (modem.bin, sboot.bin and system.img you can not flash through Odin). If you want, you can flash this firmware:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...guage-t2845483 but with my system.img ZHU1ANG2 for T805C:

Dowload firmware ZHU1ANG2 for T805C
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bodivas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abidaboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodivas View Post
SM-T800C (China) is compatible with SM-T800
SM-T805C (China) NO (modem.bin, sboot.bin and system.img you can not flash through Odin). If you want, you can flash this firmware:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...guage-t2845483 but with my system.img ZHU1ANG2 for T805C:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6HU...SkU/edit?pli=1

Hello Bodivas, so far, thank you very much, but here comes another question, If I flash the firmware in my SM-T800 (bought in China) that you suggest, would I be able to install google play and youtube?

Thanks again.

bodivas
Old
(Last edited by bodivas; 4th September 2014 at 12:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by abidaboy View Post
If I flash the firmware in my SM-T800 (bought in China) that you suggest, would I be able to install google play and youtube?
You'll have the European model with all the services of google working ..
Try to flash this latest firmware for Hong Kong. After the flash, you have to get into recovery mod and do the wipe reset factory.
Download
The Following User Says Thank You to bodivas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abidaboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
[QUOTE=bodivas;55235557]You'll have the European model with all the services of google working ..
Try to flash this latest firmware for Hong Kong. After the flash, you have to get into recovery mod and do the wipe reset factory.

Hello Bodivas,

Thank you very much my friend. So just confirming which rom I have to download for my SM-T800 (china) the SM-T800 European ROM, install it and then install the firmware that you suggest in your last post?

Thank you very very much!
The Following User Says Thank You to abidaboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bodivas
Old
Thanks Meter 531
abidaboy
You just have to flash the one I posted above and do the reset. Stop.
Firmware Hong Kong is the European firmware (not ė China and contains all the google services) but as a rule are the fastest of those european