Windows 8 on a Samsung "S" tablet

30th August 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #21  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
that sounds awesome !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibill1

This is what I do. I travel a lot and some hotels do not do VPN's so I cannot connect to my companies portal. The Tab s has remote pc under gifts in the galaxy store. I just leave my computer on at home and connect to it wherever I am and my desktop appears on my 10.5. I can do anything on it that I can do at home. Works great.

SO in my case the computer may just be 40 feet away, BUT I get the awesome screen rez and OLED colors etc in my hands so that I don't have to try and fit a 15" MBP in a cockpit that is just about 18" width and the distance between my face and the steering wheel is about 1/2 arms length AND no keyboard ... sounds pretty good to me !! in the day light I believe the OLED will be very bright another PLUS .
so this remote PC allows you to manipulate all the software open or closed ??
Last edited by Velocityhaus; 30th August 2014 at 02:42 PM.
30th August 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 7

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocityhaus

SO in my case the computer may just be 40 feet away, BUT I get the awesome screen rez and OLED colors etc in my hands so that I don't have to try and fit a 15" MBP in a cockpit that is just about 18" width and the distance between my face and the steering wheel is about 1/2 arms length AND no keyboard ... sounds pretty good to me !! in the day light I believe the OLED will be very bright another PLUS .
so this remote PC allows you to manipulate all the software open or closed ??

Remote PC (actually remote control of a PC) means you connect to your computer from your tablet, and fully control it from there. Basically, what you get is the display of your computer's desktop on your tablet, as well as some specific control options (mouse emulation or direct touch and a touch keyboard).

You can therefore theorically do pretty much everything you would do with the computer itself, including starting or closing apps, or even shut the computer down.
However, as the remote control is only allowed by a specific application that is running both on the computer and the tablet, either shutting off the application or the computer will end the remote control, leaving you unable to turn it back on.

The range of use for remote control depends on the mean used. You can control your computer locally through local network (if both are connected to the same wifi, for example), or from further away through the internet (both need to be connected to the internet, though).
Through the internet the responsiveness of the remote will depend on the quality of the connexion. The connectivity needs to be strong enough to sustain an ongoing video stream from the PC to the tablet.
31st August 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #23  
Flag Irvine
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibill1

This is what I do. I travel a lot and some hotels do not do VPN's so I cannot connect to my companies portal. The Tab s has remote pc under gifts in the galaxy store. I just leave my computer on at home and connect to it wherever I am and my desktop appears on my 10.5. I can do anything on it that I can do at home. Works great.

It does work well. I posted a screenshot of using Remote PC on Samsung, but for whatever reason that post was deleted. At any rate, I would probably still opt for a Surface Pro 3, although using Remote PC will work as well.
3rd September 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #24  
Flag Amber
Thanks Meter: 171

807 posts
More
The remote PC is pretty slick.I used it when I was on the stock ROM

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk
3rd September 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 87

446 posts
Just remember you need a WiFi connection for it to work. Out on the track I doubt you have that.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
3rd September 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 446

2,981 posts
Or just use Teamviewer, Chrome Remote Desktop, VNC....tons of alternatives out there. They all work outside of wifi as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Tab S Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank